Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your favourite game EVER

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Persona 4

Lovable characters, great story, fantastic presentation, rich combat system and fantastic dungeon levels designs that varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I don't think I've ever had as much fun as when I picked up Timesplitters 2 and me and a buddy played it for 18 hours straight. The first 8 hours was just on the first couple of maps and one or two game modes until we started to unlock more through the single player. I don't think I've ever laughed as much playing a game since. I've played better games, but in terms of just sheer enjoyment, Timesplitters 2 will always be my favourite game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Anyone ever play the suffering on ps2, loved that game! Apart from the GTA's that's probably my favourite.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever had as much fun as when I picked up Timesplitters 2 and me and a buddy played it for 18 hours straight. The first 8 hours was just on the first couple of maps and one or two game modes until we started to unlock more through the single player. I don't think I've ever laughed as much playing a game since. I've played better games, but in terms of just sheer enjoyment, Timesplitters 2 will always be my favourite game.

Great choice, it's one of the best FPS ever made, loved that game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

MGS, GTA VC and GT are the alltime standout ps games for me. Other games no mentioned so far that deserve a mention include the original Medal of Honour, TOCA, elder scrolls and fallout 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm going to say Demons souls for two reasons.

1. I'd never played an RPG before so it was a real baptism of fire and such a satisfying one. Standing before the gates of the Boletarian Castle at the start of NG+ i actually had such strong feelings of isolation, something i've never experienced in a game before.

and

2. I haven't finished Dark Souls yet cause I'm stuck on the Capra Demon and haven't turned it back on in about a year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Oddworld - Abes Odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Rock n Roll Racing.

So simple. so addictive and a killer soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WhoSaidWhut

Metal gear. THe only game I have ever played more than three times. Once for stealth camo, then once again with both the stealth and the bandana for infinite ammo and again for the craic, and the countless times after that because hearing "WHAT WAS THAT NOISE" never, ever got old.

Why I ever went to Xbox I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm going to say Demons souls for two reasons.

1. I'd never played an RPG before so it was a real baptism of fire and such a satisfying one. Standing before the gates of the Boletarian Castle at the start of NG+ i actually had such strong feelings of isolation, something i've never experienced in a game before.

and

2. I haven't finished Dark Souls yet cause I'm stuck on the Capra Demon and haven't turned it back on in about a year :mad:

Oh man... I feel for you. Capra is (considering when you face him and those f***ing hounds) one of the hardest bosses in the whole game. That said, if you're tough enough to complete Demon's Souls, then you can kick his ass too - just a case of turning the game on again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Wipeout 2097

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

parttime wrote: »
    Wipeout 2097

so much fun :D, never seen it's like since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Mgs - amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Darksouls - a most brutal, infuriating, complex, beautiful experience.
    Have Demon's Souls to tackle next (wohoo!)

Mario 64 also rocked my world back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Resident evil on the PS1. Got it for xmas when I was about 12 and it scared the absolute sh1t outa me repeatedly lol. Original crash bandicoot was a great game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Azor Ahai

Spyro: Year of the Dragon :o Maybe not the best game I played on a Playstation but I definitely enjoyed that game more than anything when I was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Updated

Game | Vote
    Arkham Asylum | 1
    Boulder Dash | 1
    Castlevania | 1
    Colin McRae | 1
    Dark Souls | 1
    Destruction Derby | 1
    Deus Ex | 1
    DIRT | 1
    Elite | 1
    Far Cry 3 | 1
    Final Fantasy VII | 1
    Final Fantasy VIII | 1
    Final Fantasy IX | 1
    God of War (Trilogy) | 1
    G-Police | 1
    Gran Turismo | 1
    GTA San Andreas | 1
    GTA Vice City | 2
    Infamous | 1
    Legacy of Kain | 2
    Mass Effect 2 | 1
    Metal Gear Solid | 5
    MGS Snake Eater | 1
    MGS 3 Subsistence | 1
    Micro Machines V3 | 3
    Oddworld Abe's Oddysee | 1
    Persona 4 | 1
    Pro Evolution Soccer | 1
    Red Dead Redemption | 2
    Resident Evil | 1
    Spyro Year Of The Dragon | 1
    The Suffering | 1
    Syphon Filter | 1
    Timesplitters 2 | 1
    Tombi | 1
    Uncharted | 2
    Uncharted 2 | 1
    Wipeout 2097 | 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

another vote for arkham asylum from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Its between unchartered and medal of honor frontline for me i think ill just give it to moh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

colman1212 wrote: »
    Resident evil on the PS1. Got it for xmas when I was about 12 and it scared the absolute sh1t outa me repeatedly lol. .
    think my fav aswell!
    although loved vice city, red dead redemption, metal gear 2 and the first gran turismo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

hogs of war, many a night up paying that with my mates (and a lot of cheap beer)

Advertisement