Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's been a while

Options
  • 10-05-2013 2:59pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since the Gom TV broadcast, I thought I'd re-install the game and I've been really enjoying it. Lots of new tanks since I last played - English and French and Chinese weren't there before (it's been that long).

I have a KV1 which I'm really enjoying and am working my way eventually towards the IS-3 (mostly cause I saw the Koreans using lots of them). Have also started down the French path cause I saw a lot of the AMX's in use too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

I would strongly recommend us light t71. Great fun, prolly the best tank in game :)

Then I would suggest:

ligth/med frenchies: up to 1390 (great), lor (horrible, save up 200k free exp), bat mobil (cool)

Soviet heavys: kv1 -> is3 line
    Soviet meds: t54 must have :)

us heavys t29 and up. I went through M4s, but shermans only good with gold derp.

us turreted TDs: t49, Hellcat - my fav on tier V and VI. Coffeemaker m8a1 aint bad either.

french heavys: kinda boring up to 50-100, then autoloader fun starts :)

Germans - good guns with gothic looks. not bad but not me.

Brits... dunno... fast firing slowpokes... Don't like needleguns.

Chinese... dunno either. mostly using gold on them to shorten the grind.

If you don't mind throwing moneys into the game try to get kv5 - it will train 6 soviet heavy crew that will help a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Brit TDs are good, from the AT2 upwards. 200mm of armour at tier 5 can't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

Spear wrote: »
    The Brit TDs are good, from the AT2 upwards. 200mm of armour at tier 5 can't be bad.

if you're into fast firing slowpokes yes :)

But you are right I hate seeing them on red side, usually they are on top of my list of things I need to kill fast.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm really enjoying the way the KV-1 plays, put a camo net and "speed up reloading" whatsit on too and I'm finding it great for going toe-to-toe with 2 or 3 mediums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

oh you may not know this but you can now purchase gold round for credits, which has slightly unbalanced the game. Prime example M4 \ PZ4 \ Hetzer derp cannons

oh and don't be in a rush to Tier X its infested with high tier arty and players who must of won their accounts in a lucky bag

as Borg said go for the T71 its the most fun tank in-game atm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw something about the Gold Shells being available for coins alright, I never used them too much. I still have gold left over from when I last played, may invest in some more when I get the next tier of tank up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Shiminay wrote: »
    I saw something about the Gold Shells being available for coins alright, I never used them too much. I still have gold left over from when I last played, may invest in some more when I get the next tier of tank up.

Yup, you can pay silver for them now. It's fairly common for people to carry a handful in reserve. It's also lead to their widespread use in derp guns such as on the M4, Panzer4 and Hetzer. But rumours are that armour and the HEAT shells are being altered in 8.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Back playing this because of the ddos attack on Battlefield 3 servers after 1.5 years away. Seems to be even more campers than there used to be. More than there is base camping snipers in BF3 rush.

But still having fun with the new low level Brit & chinese tanks and less with the pos french tanks.

Pimped up my loltraktor even more with permanent half price camo paint job (for gold) and premium ammo (for silver). But I'll never better my taking down of a level 8 arty in it again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the way the KV-1 plays, put a camo net and "speed up reloading" whatsit on too and I'm finding it great for going toe-to-toe with 2 or 3 mediums.

Isn't a camo net on a kv1 a waste of money? It's like trying to hide an elephant behind a mouse.

I've just come back after a long hiatus, like you, no chinese or british. Haven't played the Chinese but I hear they're quite similar to Russian and the Brit tanks didn't inspire me much so I'm back to focusing on the US line.

I must say, derp ammo with the 105 on the Sherman is hilarious. Watching a heavy roll towards you thinking he's impervious and then smacking him in the face for 350 dmg is loltastic.

I must say, derp ammo with the 105 on the Sherman is hilarious. Watching a heavy roll towards you thinking he's impervious and then smacking him in the face for 350 dmg is loltastic.

Say goodbye to that in 8.6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

m4 doing 600 odd damage is stupid with the gold ammo.

im the opposite to you all, have been playing for last few months, just getting my daily doubles.

absolutly sick of the game atm, so unbalanced, so many rtards rushing around.

hate it! taking a few months off, premium account ended last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Unfortunately the x5 experience bonus brings out the idiots. I had a long line of losses on Saturday and I was livid with the clowns who run away (and die horribly) from single tanks and camp behind arty and all the other stupid things that idiots do.
    On Sunday i had some losses but had 70% wins. The losses were _bad_ losses, one game 7 of the team did 0 damage including the top 4 of the team (two e100's an is4 and a is7 ... map was mines with one arty on opposite team, they just sucked)
    I played a tier 2 game in my t26 and was killed by a loltractor shooting gold (pen from across the map). A fecking tier 1 using gold.... idiots idiots idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Say goodbye to that in 8.6.

But one shotting lower tiers and pwning higher is my way of relieving stress :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

copeyhagen wrote: »
    m4 doing 600 odd damage is stupid with the gold ammo.

im the opposite to you all, have been playing for last few months, just getting my daily doubles.

absolutly sick of the game atm, so unbalanced, so many rtards rushing around.

hate it! taking a few months off, premium account ended last night.

that's what i do every so often with it

handy weekend here though, x5 XP for your first win, finally i had enough xp and bought myself a Tiger, first map it got trashed by a sherman, exit game.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

BigEejit wrote: »
    Unfortunately the x5 experience bonus brings out the idiots. I had a long line of losses on Saturday and I was livid with the clowns who run away (and die horribly) from single tanks and camp behind arty and all the other stupid things that idiots do.
    On Sunday i had some losses but had 70% wins. The losses were _bad_ losses, one game 7 of the team did 0 damage including the top 4 of the team (two e100's an is4 and a is7 ... map was mines with one arty on opposite team, they just sucked)
    I played a tier 2 game in my t26 and was killed by a loltractor shooting gold (pen from across the map). A fecking tier 1 using gold.... idiots idiots idiots

I thought it was just me. A few games in, noticed a pattern, I was usually the first with a kill, while Isolated all alone, and inevitably the first to get killed too. I then spent the remainder of the game watching campers get killed and arty try to chase down tks in open ground.

My experience was the same, but with the days reversed. Saturday, I could do no wrong, with a 77% winrate, and efficiency above 2000.

Sunday though.....

Sunday was a 40% winrate, and efficiency at 850.

i msure if mates were playing and i was palying in a platoon then i would be happy enough with it, but its not an enjoyable game to play alone when theres so many tards rushing around.

vk3001p against kv1. i bounce 5 shells off him and he 2 shots me. i have second highest gun.

game mechanics are stupid. they have introduced too many tanks now, instead of fixing whats there. its not a realistic game!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hulkey

If any of ye lads are looking to platoon up let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

You should check out this video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

9 losses in a row is tough, I would normally play another tank after a few losses. But we have all been there, play pretty damn good games and still lose because of people who just have no clue.

• Advertisement

had a game last night, was on the wot2 server, the lag made it almost unplayable. ping was shooting from like 50's to 999 then back in a few seconds.

no lag spikes on entwork, so guessed it was there end..

copeyhagen wrote: »
    had a game last night, was on the wot2 server, the lag made it almost unplayable. ping was shooting from like 50's to 999 then back in a few seconds.

no lag spikes on entwork, so guessed it was there end..

I took the time to explain where some of that comes from here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/238805-bad-ping-on-eu2/

but I was just wasting my time for the most part, the average player, and even the mod BigBadVuk couldn't understand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

but I was just wasting my time for the most part, the average player, and even the mod BigBadVuk couldn't understand.
    Anything more complicated then "WG suxxor" tends to fly over most of WGs forum population; if it is any comfort I read it and understood what you were talking about at least (but I got a background in the area from earlier sins).

forwarding to phone so i can read it cheers.

Advertisement