Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a UPS?

Options
  • 10-05-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys,

Coming to Ireland in the next week, settling around Waterford for a year or so. Do I need to bring my UPS with me, or is the power in Ireland reliable? I don't have anything critical, just a pc with everyday stuff on it.

Cheers!

adrian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

It's very reliable, bring it only if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Goes the odd time if there's very bad (windy) weather. There are sometimes temporary shut-offs to accommodate works but there is usually a leaflet drop in the area to forewarn people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 adrianm68

excellent! I shall leave it at home.

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Yeah the power here is grand. We employ poor people to feed the donkeys who turn the wheel to generate our electricity. Might want to bring one of them fancy umbrella things as the wind sometimes blows the straw thatch of the roofs of the houses here. Plenty of turf around though so boiling water to make it potable shouldn't be an issue either !

Oh and we have internet too ;)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 28 adrianm68

ZENER wrote: »
    Yeah the power here is grand. We employ poor people to feed the donkeys who turn the wheel to generate our electricity. Might want to bring one of them fancy umbrella things as the wind sometimes blows the straw thatch of the roofs of the houses here. Plenty of turf around though so boiling water to make it potable shouldn't be an issue either !

Oh and we have internet too ;)

Ken

I am sorry, but I don't find that funny at all. I am arriving from a country that has many issues with reliable power, as have many other countries I have visited. I was making no opinion about Ireland's infrastructure, I just wanted the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Forgot to mention we've also discovered humor here recently :rolleyes:

Advertisement