Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average Rates for 10-12 tonne tracked machine

• 10-05-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Trying tet a couple of quotes to get a tracked machine into doing some work around house. Max 10 trees to rip out and to level garden and prepare for re-seeding. Top soil on site. One days work max for a good driver. Any idea what costs I should be looking at? It would be great to have some idea of what cost might be so i could talk to the right people and haggle if nessesary. Sligo Area. Thanks for any help on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

bartbanis wrote: »
    Trying tet a couple of quotes to get a tracked machine into doing some work around house. Max 10 trees to rip out and to level garden and prepare for re-seeding. Top soil on site. One days work max for a good driver. Any idea what costs I should be looking at? It would be great to have some idea of what cost might be so i could talk to the right people and haggle if nessesary. Sligo Area. Thanks for any help on this.

I normally budget €400 per day for such a size of a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bartbanis

I was hoping it would not be much more than that. My budget was around that figure. It seems to be cheaper to get contractor and machine as opposed to just hiring a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

reilig wrote: »
    I normally budget €400 per day for such a size of a machine.

How long is a day ?

dharn wrote: »
    How long is a day ?

10 hours would be a normal day for a driver around here.

400 per day would include vat :)

• Advertisement

The job I have would be between 8-10hrs depending on the driver and machine not breaking down. The cheapest quote I have recieved so far is €35/hr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

For a days work i'd charge €35/hr +vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

dont be too worried about the rate as much as worried about the driver-if he is good he will save you money and work all over the place but if he is poor no matter what the price he is dear

I would agree with you. I would rather pay a little more to make sure job only has to be done once and is neat. But you do have to shop round in this current economic climate!

Advertisement