Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mourne Way Marathon / Ultra

Options
  • 10-05-2013 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Marathon, double marathon, half, 10k and 5k on the 8th of June. All taking place in the picturesque surroundings of the Mourne mountains.

Event website here

Last years thread here with some good info. By all accounts it seems to have been very well organised.

I signed up for the ultra yesterday. Taking a big step up from my previous ultra on the Wicklow way but looking forward to a long day out in the hills!

Anybody else signing up/done it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

Going to do the Marathon, haven't done it before, looking forward to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Sport101 wrote: »
    Going to do the Marathon, haven't done it before, looking forward to it though.

Good stuff. I like the way they have the different events spaced out. The ultra starts at 6 in the moning. The marathon starts at the ultra halfway cut-off point (12:30). That's good for those doing the marathon because they'll always have someone to catch and overtake. Also good for those doing the ultra as they'll have a bit of company towards the end when they are running out of steam :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Just bought one of these - http://www.groupon.ie/deals/getaways/Kilmorey-Arms-Hotel/21623256?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_137&a=2524

Good option for anyone heading to the race and hasnt got accommodation sorted yet.

€99 for a 2 night weekend stay with breakie. The hotel is 15 mins drive from registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭Enduro

A long time coming, but I've written a race report on the Ultra here for anyone who is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Anyone heading up this year on the 7th June ? I missed it last year but keen to do the ultra again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement