Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to read PDFs online again..

Options
  • 10-05-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭

So a couple weeks ago I set Firefox to automatically just download PDFs rather than prompt or open them. Where do I find the option to reverse this decision?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Go to options, applications tab and then scroll to PDF. Choose from the drop down menu what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tools/Options/Applications.

Ignore the Adobe stuff at the top, scroll down to 'Portable Document Format', change the 'Action' option in the right-hand column.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

*bump*

I needed this advice again, so I googled this thread back up...

In America, google parses the thread as being from the future:

270711.PNG

Silly google.

Overheal wrote: »
    *bump*

I needed this advice again, so I googled this thread back up...

In America, google parses the thread as being from the future:

270711.PNG

Silly google.

I presume due to the date format difference between American (mm-dd-yy) and European (dd-mm-yy)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I presume due to the date format difference between American (mm-dd-yy) and European (dd-mm-yy)

Yep, the last reply was posted on May 10, 2013 (10-05-2013) which Americans read as October 5, 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

So if I ask Google for the results from Kempton Park on 10-07-2013, it will give me the results for Oct 7th next? Happy Days!

coylemj wrote: »
    So if I ask Google for the results from Kempton Park on 10-07-2013, it will give me the results for Oct 7th next? Happy Days!

And here was I paying for a "medium"

Advertisement