Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations

Options
  • 10-05-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this forum gets a million of these threads, but the charter says nothing about them, so here's mine! ;)

I've recently started watching anime again after about 2 years of not being interested in it. I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and I love it! Some of my favourites from when I used to watch it were Death Note, Naruto, Bleach (apart from the damn fillers), Highschool of the Dead (although the ecchi ruined it for me a bit to be honest) etc.
    Basically, as I'm sure is obvious from the title, I'm wondering if any of you lovely people could provide recommendations as to which ones I might enjoy, based on what I've said! I've been thinking maybe Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Mushishi or Nabari no Ou... has anybody seen these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Frankly, I like recommendation threads. This forum is pretty slow moving anyway so I'll always welcome pretty much any kind of thread which promotes discussion.

I'm not really sure what I can suggest to you, I haven't watched any shows since probably last year, especially not the types of shows that you've mentioned so far, and I consider myself pretty much out of the loop but I'll still peek around every now and then. Still though, I'll throw a few out which you may or may not have watched.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (usually hand in hand with shows like Bleach)

Samurai Champloo (Action, Comedy, Edo-era hip-hop Samurai, a strange combo but it makes for a pretty unique show)

Durarara (This was a pretty fun show, lots of action, some comedy, lots of characters and intricate storytelling)

I'm really not sure what else I can recommend, I'm thinking of a few like Monster, Darker Than Black and maybe Kuroshítsugi but I'm just not certain about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Judging by the animes you've liked above here's 10 in no particular order that you might like.

Code Geass
    Black Cat
    Another
    Chrome Shelled Regios
    Dance in the Vampire Bund
    Hellsing
    Pandora Hearts
    Shiki
    Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke
    Attack on Titans It's worth mention that this anime is a masterpiece! and is still airing so if you start now you can fly through the episodes and will have to wait 1 week per episode, which is hell! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

You could try either Baccano! (prohibition era gangsters and the hunt for an elixir of immortality) or Steins:Gate (time travel done very very well), both great shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Give gintama a try if you like Bleach and Naruto you'll likely enjoy it.

Busou Renkin is also worth a watch based on your recommendations

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you can get your hands on it, I cant recommend the slayers enough,such a fantastic series,ill post most later but the slayers is my number recommendation for you :D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement