Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a Gaming PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

Popped into BOI on thursday , only to find they didnt do transfers under 3000 euro .. unless it was an emergency .. and that emergency would cost 35 euro :( ... so they suggested i set up my own Online Banking(which i should have done ages ago anyway) and thats gonna take another 7 -10 days , so its going to be at least a week or two before hardwareversand see their money , is this going to be a problem?? seeing as parts i ordered werent expected in until the 31st of this month ..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Popped into BOI on thursday , only to find they didnt do transfers under 3000 euro .. unless it was an emergency .. and that emergency would cost 35 euro :( ... so they suggested i set up my own Online Banking(which i should have done ages ago anyway) and thats gonna take another 7 -10 days , so its going to be at least a week or two before hardwareversand see their money , is this going to be a problem?? seeing as parts i ordered werent expected in until the 31st of this month ..

I think they release the ordered parts back into stock if they don't receive payent within 7 days.

Well crap!!! Should have just went with paypal for the extra 20 ..at least it would be minus stress ... is there anyway i can contact them to tell them this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well crap!!! Should have just went with paypal for the extra 20 ..at least it would be minus stress ... is there anyway i can contact them to tell them this?

You could try dropping them a mail or calling them, not sure they are great at answering mails though.

I wouldn't worry too much either way most of the parts you have ordered are rarely out of stock for too long, and plenty of similar alternatives for nearly everything.

I dropped them an email , I wont worry too much!!wish the guys here on boards could be the customer support for hardwareversand :D top notch guys!! Really grateful for all the help!

• Advertisement

They actually replied to my email :) so i finally payed them ... had a bit of trouble with BOI online banking ... hopefully all goes to plan , will i get an update when they recieve my payment?

Hey guys , Im back to this build after many months of using my PC. Ran into some problems , the 660ti was very faulty and I finally sent it back and I got a refund , so I now have 200 euro to spend on a card similar too or better than my previous 660ti. ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Feck all difference, might as well go for the cheaper option. How much is komplett delivery?

It's free on Amazon who also have better customer service.

• Advertisement

I think its ten euro delivery. would you recommend Amazon link you provided then?

Yes unless you want that free copy of Assassins Creed. Possible you get it with Amazon as well though.

They usually suck for the free games deals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

The MSI is factory overclocked to 1150 MHz, and the Asus is only overclocked to 1072 MHz. So MSI is 8% faster out-of-the-box. Of course you can overclock them yourself as well so hard to say which one will have the better speed after that.

So its not really a big deal if I buy off Komplett or Amazon , and other than that Im not pushed about a free game , and if I can overclock with the Asus GPU Tweak I should be fine right? Also I have a 500w PSU , should it be sufficient enough?

Amazon are doing a free trial of Prime at the moment which would give you free 2 day delivery on that.

You just have to remember to cancel it before the free month is up or they will charge you the discounted annual fee of €60.

Both the Asus and Msi have similar quality coolers. The Asus one edges it a little imo. 500w is loads.

Ok thanks again for all the advice!!
    Im happy enough settling on the 760 as a card , just to weigh out my options,minor thing.

Thanks guys

Advertisement