Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Maths to Roebuck?

Options
  • 10-05-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭

I heard a rumour today they're moving Mathematical sciences to Roebuck when law leaves.

While I am happy that Maths get a building, and while Roebuck might be a good size, I hope the place gets a bit of work before they move in. Could really do with some better toilet facilities and Ucard printing (although that is less important for maths students than it was for law).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Christ that'll be a pain in the teeth if it's true, considering the massive crossover between Maths and Physics. Unless it's just a patch until something better shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Raphael wrote: »
    Christ that'll be a pain in the teeth if it's true, considering the massive crossover between Maths and Physics. Unless it's just a patch until something better shows up.

In second year I had lectures in Health Sciences, Roebuck, Arts and Science. Sure the walking does you good.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Can I have a source for this?

I thought they were moving mathematical sciences to the physics building or something. The map of the new science building shows mathematical sciences in the physics building.

The source is shaky. I saw a lady and her son (secondary school kid I presume) walking around Roebuck while I was submitting an essay and walking out of the place for probably the last time in my life.

And she seemed lost, I asked her did she need directions and she said "We heard they were moving Mathematical sciences here and we just wanted to have a look around"

So, it could be completely untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cartier

A possible move to Roebuck is one option. Another is to stay in BOP. In either case, the current timeframe is move back into the new Science Building in 2018. Also, the faculty specifically requested chalkboards in the new lecture theatres in Science. This request was denied.

• Advertisement

Apart from the toilet facilities I thought it was great up there. Loads of study space, loads of chill out space. The roebuck res cafe was always grand for a coffee, and you can get parking relatively easy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Are there plans to redevelop/raise the current maths building? It's the sort of low rise building across from health sciences?

Advertisement