Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping Cart Tutorials

• 10-05-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere that does a good shopping cart tutorial or know any good ways to learn how to use the likes of zen cart or shopify.

Trying to teach myself how to build an e-commerce store and so far all the online tutorials have been shocking!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Shopify should have a multitude of docs & tutorials. Pop them off an email if you can't find them. Support is very good.

Zencart docs are crap. Youtube maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

KonFusion wrote: »
    Shopify should have a multitude of docs & tutorials. Pop them off an email if you can't find them. Support is very good.

Zencart docs are crap. Youtube maybe?

Most of the ones i've watched on youtube i've copied line for line and the carts crashed.

Most of the ones i've watched on youtube i've copied line for line and the carts crashed.

Then don't copy them line for line :p

You might be better off getting to grips with PHP before you get your head around applying it to something like Zencart.

Personally I'd avoid zencart altogether. I think it's a piece of poo.

Is that shopify site good for building e-commerce stuff?

Like the basic idea i have is for a chipper, people order online, pay online, get it delivered. Have tried getting my head around php but all tutorials are mainly based about the different parts of php I need something that'll show me how to piece it together yaknow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

KonFusion wrote: »
    You might be better off getting to grips with PHP before you get your head around applying it to something like Zencart.

how hard is it to learn php?? is it something that could be self-taught or would you need to do a course?? and do you need a knowledge of javascript beforehand?

• Advertisement

I'm finding the bits you need easy to learn but i think i'd need someone to sit with me and say this is how you use it with this and that is how you'd use it with that? yaknow?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Opencart is very easy to use in fairness, maybe worth trying? Zencart is pretty dated compared to other solutions these days I think, although havn't used it in a while so it may have improved

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    ...although havn't used it in a while so it may have improved

Nope! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

Take a look at lynda.com, great tutorials on most things and have a free weeks trial http://www.lynda.com/trial/plans

Advertisement