Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Glasgow

Options
  • 10-05-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I've been looking into moving to glasgow recently and I'm just wondering does anyone have any useful advice for moving there?

I'm a personal/group fitness trainer so I'd be hopeing to work in this area but I dont mind doing any job for a while that would pay the bills.

If anyone has experience in the fitness industry in glasgow it would be great to know about it.

Might aswell add that I've never been there before but I want to live/work in different places over the next few years.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

d_jordan wrote: »
    I've been looking into moving to glasgow recently and I'm just wondering does anyone have any useful advice for moving there?

I'm a personal/group fitness trainer so I'd be hopeing to work in this area but I dont mind doing any job for a while that would pay the bills.

If anyone has experience in the fitness industry in glasgow it would be great to know about it.

Might aswell add that I've never been there before but I want to live/work in different places over the next few years.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Im scottish, from a small island about hr from Glasgow, left home and moved to Glasgow when Iwas 25, had family there so wasnt too much of a deal and still.close.to my home.town but ended up living in a shared flat on the south side opp end of city from my family and hardly had contact with the relatives.

Loved it had a ball there, best 3yrs of my life, would still be there if I hadnt decided to go travelling in 2003.

I preffered the south side, East end was too posh, too many prentious ones there for me,okay for odd night out but thats it

Loads tonsee and do innGlasgow and central enough for wkds away, 20mins and u can be out in the hills, loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

d_jordan wrote: »

The David Lloyd gyms in Glasgow apparently use Pegasus Training: 0044 141 959 3400. There are apparently three levels of training that you can do (all done in Glasgow), each level giving you varying degrees of scope to train in. I'd recommend contacting them for info.

Regarding Glasgow, it's a nice city, it's where I'm from and I currently live here. Got a great deal of nightlife, loads of shops - one time it had the most shops per person in Europe, could be different now. Although, it also has the highest incidence of heart disease too if I'm not mistaken. All those fish suppers!

A nice thing about Glasgow is that it's quite easy to find a relatively cheap rental (if you're not fussy about sharing or size) close enough to the city centre. Transport is pretty good, we have an underground (clockwork orange it's called, because it's orange, and just a circle) a pretty good train network and I think the buses are plentiful.

Good luck, and let me know if there's anything you need investigated, I might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

sanna wrote: »
    Im scottish, from a small island about hr from Glasgow, left home and moved to Glasgow when Iwas 25, had family there so wasnt too much of a deal and still.close.to my home.town but ended up living in a shared flat on the south side opp end of city from my family and hardly had contact with the relatives.

Loved it had a ball there, best 3yrs of my life, would still be there if I hadnt decided to go travelling in 2003.

I preffered the south side, East end was too posh, too many prentious ones there for me,okay for odd night out but thats it

Loads tonsee and do innGlasgow and central enough for wkds away, 20mins and u can be out in the hills, loved it!

you my friend have got your easts and wests mixed up :)

Advertisement