Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC or Degree

• 10-05-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm not really sure where to put this question but I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on what i should do next year. I'm interested in doing childcare and the problem is I cannot pick between doing a FETAC level 6 and then a train the trainer course or if i should do a 3-4 year degree in early childhood education. Is there anyone who has done either of these and can help. I've spent all year trying to pick and I'm getting no where. I am applying as a FETAC student as I have just finished a FETAC level 5 childcare course and loved it. Im 19 so don't want to wait another year. I've been told that there is no difference in jobs or wages after doing either of these but is there anyone that would recommend one over the other?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Generally speaking, the higher the qualification you have, the better.

So I would recommend going for the HETAC degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

What career so you want? I don't know where the Train the Trainer comes into your plans, are you hoping to become a tutor or to work directly in a childcare setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisamurphy67

What career so you want? I don't know where the Train the Trainer comes into your plans, are you hoping to become a tutor or to work directly in a childcare setting?

I'd love to one day have my own child care centre and I was told that if your doing the FETAC route you need to have train the trainer done to open your own business along with level 6 child child supervision. I also like the Idea of Maybe tutoring

Advertisement