Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cliffs of Moher

• 10-05-2013 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Am having overseas visitors ( who have been here before) visit during the summer.

They ask to be brought to the COM ( they were there last time too). I was then checking out the COM website, and discover their visitor comments are all over the place.

1st entry: Date visited Cliffs 2002
    2nd: Date visited 1998-2010
    3rd: Date visited May 2012
    4th: Date visited July 2011
    5th: Date visited October 2012.

Has there been any visitors in 2013? I know this is a cheeky question, but surely someone has submitted a comment? Or is the place suffering from all the bad publicity they got over their charges?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I agree that the visitor book is all over the place but I can assure you people are definitely visiting the Cliffs of Moher.

There are some recent reviews on Trip Advisor and they all seem very positive.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g186595-d214806-Reviews-Cliffs_of_Moher-County_Clare.html

Have you seen the video clips on the Cliffs of Moher website, Le Dieux?

http://www.cliffsofmoher.ie/TakeTheTour.aspx

I haven't visited the cliffs myself in a very long time, they've come to represent great tragedy and suffering to so many, unfortunately :(

By the way, have you considered taking your visitors to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park? I think it's a great spot and overseas visitors seem to love it.

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods recently ;) We visited the National Stud, Japanese Gardens, St. Fiachra's Gardens, Kildare Village and Newbridge Silverware's Style Icons Museum, we had a fab time and the weather was glorious while we were there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

COM are over-rated - take them on the Loop Head tour - unforgettable!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

There are local ferry trips (from Doolin) that take in the COM and it's probably one of the best ways to view them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

Sliabh Liag in SW Donegal is/are the highest sea cliffs in western Europe, by a long shot! Hard to get to, but man, it's amazing :)

g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I took a friend there about six weeks ago and there were plenty of visitors. However being out of season the visitors center was open but all the shops were closed and there were only one or two buskers. Nothing like the atmosphere during the summer so that might have something to do with the lethargy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement