Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perma Ban from Kilkenny City & County for Backseat Moderation

Options
  • 10-05-2013 7:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I am appealing this perma ban.

Start of PM from mod Captain Havoc:

Dear mathepac,

You have been permanently banned from Kilkenny City & County for posting Backseat Moderation.

Boards.ie has a team of volunteers who look after our forums and they are the ones who will give instruction or take action on a thread should it be deemed necessary.

If you see a problem with a post, report it and a mod will investigate.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Captain Havoc

Moderator Note

I don't feel a need or a want to deal with you in the Kilkenny forum. If you have any issue with this please take it to the Disputes Resolution Forum.
    Regards
    CH

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by mathepac viewpost.gif
    No because all treatment facilities (private, public, residential, out-patient, primary contact and after-care, heroin substitution and so on) contribute their numbers to the HRB. The location of a single residential treatment facility several miles from Kilkenny City will not skew the stats or falsely concentrate problems in that area.

When anonymised data are gathered, the residential area of the client / patient is used in submitting, compiling, analysing and publishing these numbers, not th

End of PM from mod Captain Havoc:

What other info is required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No further information is required as it is clear that Captain Havoc wishes this to be dealt with in this forum. We will take a look at this & get back to you.

Just so I have all information required - is there any additional background to this issue that you wish me to take into consideration when reviewing your appeal of this ban?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

No, I don't think so. I assume the thread is as I left it with not a shred of evidence to support an allegation of Backseat Modding.

mathepac - Your appeal to your permaban has been discussed & we have decided to revoke the ban on a technicality. This being that your backseat moderation was done via PM & not on-thread.

However, I want to make it very clear that PMs such as you sent to the moderator are not acceptable. You clearly have an issue with the moderation of this site in general. That is your issue to raise as you wish in Feedback.

If I find that you cause issues for any of the Region forum mods through low-level trolling, or baseless accusations of poor moderation, etc your access to the Region category may be removed.

Admins - Ban lifted, please mark as resolved. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement