Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take over broadband subscription

• 10-05-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Is there a place to find people who are just a couple of months away from the end of their broadband contract (or already completed the contract) but don't need the broadband anymore?
    If it's easy to move the broadband connection from his/her place to mine, I'd like to find one such person and take over the broadband subscription. The name on the subscription may be changed to mine if that's feasible. Otherwise it can stay the same. This way I can get broadband without the need to get into a contract of 12 or 18 months.
    Exactly how the take over is done can be negotiated. For instance, perhaps I can pay the cost for the couple of months remaining in the contract in one or two installments.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you thinking fixed line or mobile broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jinyasha

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are you thinking fixed line or mobile broadband?

For fixed line. For mobile broadband, I can get those prepaid plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A lot of companies will stick you in a contract if you change address. Some don't do name changes either.

There aren't too many people who'd be happy to have a service in their name relying on a stranger to pay the bill,
    I wouldn't say you'll have much luck tbh.

Advertisement