Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about O2's new freedom talk pay as you go

Options
  • 10-05-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at this for my Father who never uses the internet and uses about 75% call / 25% texts.

The O2 deal looks perfect for him, however it says further down

'9 cent connection charge applies to calls to other Irish mobile networks and landlines'

So is it basically 9 cents for every call to mobiles/landlines?

Slightly misleading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

I was wondering this as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you're looking for value you wont find it with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Del007 wrote: »

'9 cent connection charge applies to calls to other Irish mobile networks and landlines'

So is it basically 9 cents for every call to mobiles/landlines?

Slightly misleading

Its misleading maybe, but your not correct on your understanding. Its a min charge on chargeable calls when you have not topped up by €20. A min connection charge is the norm for quite a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Del007

Davy wrote: »
    Its misleading maybe, but your not correct on your understanding. Its a min charge on chargeable calls when you have not topped up by €20. A min connection charge is the norm for quite a while now.

Are you sure about that?

It clearly says 9c for a connection charge to all mobiles and landlines that are not on the O2 network

Are you sure about that?

It clearly says 9c for a connection charge to all mobiles and landlines that are not on the O2 network
    * If you do not top up by €20 within a 30 day period to avail of your plan you will be charged a 9 cent connection charge to all Irish mobiles

Where are you seeing otherwise?

• Advertisement

I'm on the following page, under Freedom talk and 'more details'

http://www.o2online.ie/shop/view/content/simPricePlan?type=SIM_ONLY&tariffType=PAYG&journeyType=EPORTING

It's doesn't mention that the 9cent charge is if you haven't topped up by 20 euro.

cheers for the link, they're contradicting themselves a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

cheers for the link, they're contradicting themselves a bit

it's being reworded by o2 now.

There is no connection fee, and yes the deal is as good as it looks. The 9c only applies when you haven't topped up by the €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭Delta2113

If i keep topping up by €20 every month and i understand that €10 will be taken away automatically, if i don't spend the remaining €10 credit on texts or internet will the remaining credit be carried over to the next month.

Another e.g. if i top up for 12 months and never text or use internet or phone overseas numbers will i still have €120 credit on my account?

• Advertisement

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Another e.g. if i top up for 12 months and never text or use internet or phone overseas numbers will i still have €120 credit on my account?

Yes

Advertisement