Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscape Gardeners

• 10-05-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are looking to get our garden landscaped and have a quote from www.gardenforce.ie just wondering if anybody has any knowledge of them or their work ?

I just want to make sure it's done properly

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

will1977 wrote: »
    Hi,

We are looking to get our garden landscaped and have a quote from www.gardenforce.ie just wondering if anybody has any knowledge of them or their work ?

Thanks

Would it not be obvious and to ask any prospective contractor for a detailed quotation, proposed methodology and a list of similar projects (with client contcat details) completed within the last 12 months? Surely a much more effecive way to obtain the necessary feedback than what you expect to gain from any gardening forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Theres a phrase within the general building and construction industry......

"you are only as good as your last job"

Ask the company for their recent clients contact details.

Arrange to view work done by the company and speak to several of their customers,and get their feedback.

paddy147 wrote: »

An irrelevant comparison and an even naieve and unoriginal way of assessing any company.

An irrelevant comparison and an even naieve and unoriginal way of assessing any company.

Its actually naive and not naieve.

http://www.how-do-you-spell.com/naieve

You also forgot to quote my entire post.

Ask the company for their recent clients contact details.
    Arrange to view work done by the company and speak to several of their customers,and get their feedback.

With regards recent clients,their feedback and general word of mouth from recent clients who availed of a companies services and that company getting more work comming in the door,word of mouth does speak volumes.

So whether it be a construction company,a plastering company,an electrical contractor or a landscaping company,then yes......

....."You are only as good as your last job".

will1977 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

You are right to ask and seek info on any company and you are being carefull and cautious too....with regards your money and the job in hand.Thats the power of the internet and what public forums can be used for.:)

It would also be a good idea to give the company in question a call.

Ask the company if they have an up to date portfolio book showing photographed landscaping jobs/projects from start to completion.

Talk with them and ask for the names and numbers for recent clients.

Call their recent clients and ask/arrange to see the work done.

See if they have done work in your area or general location/part of the country.

Ask recent clients if any proof of professional qualifications and company/own insurance were shown to client

Ask recent clients how good or bad the company was and what they were like while working on the job...(on time,good workers,respectfull of house/garden/neighbours,clean up at the end of each day??).

Ask about how payment was done and handled and if there were any money issues or arguements over money and payments before/during and after job was completed.

Ask the clients if they are happy with the work done and was it what they wanted done.

Any defects in work or problems with landscaping or plants since landscaped/planted?

If yes,then were the problems swiftly fixed/solved?? (any poorly performing plants/shrubs/trees should be replaced free of charge by the landscaper,as they will/should be covered for a period of around 6 months and sometimes even longer).

Ask the recent clients if would they recommend them to you?

Best of luck with it.

Best regards.:)

• Advertisement

Not sure which is worse, the nonsense or the embarrassing spelling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Please don't encourage them!

redser7 wrote: »
    Please don't encourage them!

Im not starting anything,Ive no need or reason to.

I simply posted to the OP and gave some helpfull advice in a "pleasent posting manner".
    Not my problem or fault if another member then took issue with my post and tried to make something else out of it,for his own ego and satisfaction.

There was and is no need or reason to do that.

All I was doing was trying to politely help the OP.:)

If the other poster feels the need to keep taking issue with my posts....(he should be more worried about his own posts and spelling)....then maybe he could PM me instead and not ruin the OPs thread.

Hopefully the OP gets sorted.:)

So on that note,I will leave it at that.

Thanks Redser7.:)

Stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

Its actually naive and not naieve.

Both incorrect!

If you're going to be pedantic you may as well get it right.

The correct spelling is

naïve

Your version, naive, is the US English version.

Sonnenblumen's version, naieve, is probably less incorrect than yours, as it is good practice to replace the umlaut with the letter 'e' when not using the umlaut.

Hence, naïve becomes naieve.

Gautama wrote: »
    Both incorrect!

If you're going to be pedantic you may as well get it right.

The correct spelling is

naïve

Your version, naive, is the US English version.

Sonnenblumen's version, naieve, is probably less incorrect than yours, as it is good practice to replace the umlaut with the letter 'e' when not using the umlaut.

Hence, naïve becomes naieve.

Isnt naive the british english spelt version.....

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/naive

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/naive

I'm sure the folks on Soc/Languages can help anyone who wants to discuss it further.
    Hope you got what you need from this thread will1997

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jess22

Hi I am just wondering if anyone could recommend a good landscaper, as I'm looking to get the back garden done, paving new walls grass area etc. if anyone could reply back with some information that would be great thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

jess22 wrote: »
    Hi I am just wondering if anyone could recommend a good landscaper, as I'm looking to get the back garden done, paving new walls grass area etc. if anyone could reply back with some information that would be great thank you

What part of country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jess22

We're in Dublin 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

jess22 wrote: »
    We're in Dublin 24

Did you get anyone jess22

Advertisement