Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the most alcohol you've consumed in one session??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

All the alcohol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I tried to go on a pub crawl alone one night in Barcelona while backpacking. It started in an Irish bar called "Ryans" on the 21st of June 2011. The date is important. I was in Barcelona almost by mistake, I'd made the decision the day before to go to Spain.

I walked into the bar and it was pretty quiet, it was down a side street, but it was in the tourist district so I'd say it was probably safe. It was 8pm when I sat down. The girl behind the bar came over, she was from Antrim, gorgeous girl, gorgeous accent.

Anyway so I asked her if this is where the pub crawl was starting. She said it was, but she said she wasn't sure if it was going to be running tonight, I asked why and she said "it's san-jan" - or at least that is what I heard. I asked her "What does that mean" and, she probably should have used that excellent opportunity to explain to me what the hell was going on. But she didn't. She said "It means that San Miguel (Filipino larger popular in Spain) was 50c a pint.

So I order one. And another, and I'm pretty much the only lad in the bar so I am starting to order quickly just so I have someone to talk to (sad moment in my life) and eventually an Aussie couple walk in looking for the same pub crawl. She points me in their direction and we continue drinking, they're also oblivious to San-jan.

For about 2 and a half hours we put down pints of this stuff like nobodies business. I always felt thirst, it is light as hell and when it's 50c a pint you have no choice.

By midnight I am steaming, eventually she comes back over to us and says "You guys should probably get down to the beach". I was like "why?" She was like "It's SAN-JAN" I was like "yo, been in Spain about 15 hours don't speak native" she explained it was San Juan, their midsummer festival and effectively Spanish st Patricks day.

She said we should buy a bottle of whiskey go to the beach, drink and watch fireworks. We went into the shop bought a litre of Jim Beam and saw "duff beer".

I started on one can of duff and began to feel really really sick, but I guess an element of national pride had set in. I expect the three of us to split the litre but the girl was having none of it, so it was me and the aussie guy and we were chasing with 7up.

We probably drank 2 thirds of the bottle before we both started vomiting, and I got so embarrassed that I insisted the girl sort the lad out and I'd just head back to my hostel.

And that is it. I have no idea how I got back, I was staying on the sly in a two person room, I had no room key and didn't know what street it was on. I was completely alone. The next day I woke up unrobbed, unharmed in that hostel and I have no idea how I got there.

All told, I reckon about 7 or 8 pints, the can and the shoulder of Jim did it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

A long long time ago, when I was a teeny bopper, I drank three bottles of white wine in the space of about an hour and a half. It was my first time drinking wine and I assumed you could just slug it back. Oh how wrong was I, I stood up and fell forward hitting my face off the fireplace and spewed the contents of my stomach all over the floor. Classy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭anto3473

2 bottles of bushmills one St. Stephens day..... plus several half empty cans of harp left over :(

another time it only took bottle to put me in the mater once but that was drank fairly quickley :/

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

1 litre of Bacardi with about 1.5 litres of coke over the space of about three hours. Needless to say it did not end well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Interested to hear the most sauce people have gulped in one ''session'' and how long said session lasted for.
    4 pints and a litre of vodka , v v drunk indeed , some head on me d day affter

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Aprox 160ml of the stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

brock92 wrote: »
    5 days, not a clue how much...... wasnt right for a month after it

This would be a 'correct answer'. A session is not about speed, it's about distance.
    Mine would be in the 2-3 days without sleep range. With sleep ? It would be a 3-4 months without missing a day a couple of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

13 pints of Guinness in three hours. 25 May 1990.

Didn't drink for six months after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

At 51 years of age my high bar is set at 8 pints and 4 whiskeys in around 6 hours :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Peter The Pedo

Went out last Friday night, had a few cans before leaving... met friends in town and went back to a friends after, was a session there until the morning... left his house and on to an early house then for a few pints... back to said friends and went to the offo... sessioned until the evening... then met up with more people and went back to another friends apartment until I passed out at about 3 am Saturday night...

Unknown quantity of alcohol consumed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Slightly more than anyone else on this thread. You big pansies.

Advertisement