Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom PhoneWatch sold

Options
  • 10-05-2013 7:45pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Eircom PhoneWatch sold to Sector Alarm Corporation.

I heard on the news that it went for over €100m :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wouldn't have put its value that high. I can foresee a big clean out if they want to see a return on their investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Say bye bye to the GE systems ...
    Hopefully they'll start using the likes of Visonic or GSD.
    €100m that's a lot ..... Maybe this crowd will take pride in the business .

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Phonewatch has always been profitable. They won't have to do much to get their money back.Eircom had no ambition for the company and where stifling growth. No doubt there will be some old heads out and some new ones in. I believe Sector use Honeywell systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Huntthe wrote: »
    Phonewatch has always been profitable. They won't have to do much to get their money back.Eircom had no ambition for the company and where stifling growth. No doubt there will be some old heads out and some new ones in. I believe Sector use Honeywell systems.

Lets hope they start at the top down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

PhoneWatch is an absolutely huge purchase for Sector Alarms' entire operation and added 100,000+ customers to their company. (They only had 200,000 to start out with).

PhoneWatch's branding's also vastly superior ! Just had a look at Sector's website and the whole imaging around PhoneWatch is just light years ahead.

Technology-wise, it's all really just a matter of buying alarm systems in and marketing them. PhoneWatch's done a good job of this with ITI and then GE.

I still preferred the old ITI system to the current batch of GE systems they have now and there's always that question mark over relying totally on wireless in your house (although they do have wired alternatives).

But, all-in-all, PhoneWatch has been quite hugely successful for an alarm installer/monitoring company. I know they aren't always the flavour of the month on here though in terms of price and technology. But, as a brand they're a huge success story.

It would also seem a bit daft to re-brand PhoneWatch, it's pretty much a household name in Ireland and very recognisable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement