Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kindle Repair (out of warranty) Any Options?

• 10-05-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

My friends Kindle has broken, the screen is partially broken, but by saying that, its pretty much fecked when you can only see one third of the screen!
    Are there any places that do repair?
    It was purchased in Christmas 2011 so out of warranty now I guess..
    Its the silver model Kindle, with the few buttons under the screen. A new one is £69 pounds on Amazon but that's 80 quid.. :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056931931

Snap. Read that thread to see how to replace an out of warranty kindle. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Thanks for the reply.. but it seems that yours simply became defective over time? This kindle was broken when somone ( :o ) sat on it in a bag.. seems the cover doesn't protect it very much :/ Worth a shot with Amazon anyways maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

KatCookie wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.. but it seems that yours simply became defective over time? This kindle was broken when somone ( :o ) sat on it in a bag.. seems the cover doesn't protect it very much :/ Worth a shot with Amazon anyways maybe?

I contacted amazon when I broke my kindle last year and they couldn't fix it, but offered to sell me a new one at a heavily discounted price - probably less than 80, can't remember..well worth a shot

Advertisement