Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 the dust collector?

• 10-05-2013 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Something that's bothered me since I got the 5 when it launched.

It collects an inordinate amount of dust in when in my pocket. No other phone I have ever owned has collected as much dust as the iPhone 5 :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

mad muffin wrote: »
    Something that's bothered me since I got the 5 when it launched.

It collects an inordinate amount of dust in when in my pocket. No other phone I have ever owned has collected as much dust as the iPhone 5 :(

Wash your trousers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wash your trousers!

I prefer the life of a tramp :P
    This post has been deleted.

All over. When I take it out of my jeans pocket it's like it was dipped in dust :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Same problem with mine, I thought mine was broken for a while, it wouldn't charge when i plugged it in, even went out and bought a new cable in case it was that, turns out is was just a buildup of dust inside the charging port!

Simply Red wrote: »
    Same problem with mine, I thought mine was broken for a while, it wouldn't charge when i plugged it in, even went out and bought a new cable in case it was that, turns out is was just a buildup of dust inside the charging port!

Yeah. I have to blow out the dust every day from the ports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭slim223

Get the lifeproof case. It's completely dust proof and doesn't take from the phone.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yeah. I have to blow out the dust every day from the ports.

Never had to do it once and have it since Irish launch. Had to do it with the 4 more often. As noted above, dusty pockets from short hands?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

My iphone 4 was much worse for it. I have a leather cover on my 5, and it still looks new, no dust or grime, after 7 months use.

My iphone 4 was much worse for it. I have a leather cover on my 5, and it still looks new, no dust or grime, after 7 months use.

My iPhone 5 looks as good today as it did the first day I got it on launch. It just attracts dust in my pocket like no other phone I have owned.

Not my iPhone 3G

Not my iPhone 4 and 4S

Not my htc Titan

Not my Nokia Lumia 800

Not my Sony Xperia Z

None of these phones attracted dust like my iphone 5. It's literally caked in dust when I take it out if my pocket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 SkadooshJ

I had a Samsung before i got an iphone, i used to have to take the back off every day to clear the dust out of it. It was very annoying.

• Advertisement

SkadooshJ wrote: »
    I had a Samsung before i got an iphone, i used to have to take the back off every day to clear the dust out of it. It was very annoying.

Maybe some phones come with extra static?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Same thing here. Noticed it from the first week of having the 5. It just builds up a lot of dust. Especially around the black anodised antenna. I had the 4 and never noticed it at all. The dock connector did build up a lot but other than that it remained dust free.
    Maybe its the all over black that is forcing me to notice it more but it definitely is gathering a lot more dust.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Same thing here. Noticed it from the first week of having the 5. It just builds up a lot of dust. Especially around the black anodised antenna. I had the 4 and never noticed it at all. The dock connector did build up a lot but other than that it remained dust free.
    Maybe its the all over black that is forcing me to notice it more but it definitely is gathering a lot more dust.

Yes around the antenna is the worse. Also inside the earpiece. Probably because it is also black compared to the 4/4S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yes around the antenna is the worse. Also inside the earpiece. Probably because it is also black compared to the 4/4S.
    Have mine since the 14th march and I haven't noticed it getting any more dusty than my 4 did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Not an issue with me.

Advertisement