Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Office 2013 Outlook with not work with Exchange 2003

Options
  • 10-05-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Purchased Office 2013 and installed on Windows 7 32-Bit machine, joined the SBS 2003 domain and all was fine until I attempted to configure outlook got a message saying the data files were incompatible.

Anyway after some searching it turns out Office 2013 will not connect to Exchange 2003 server.

Meant I was snookered as its very hard to get Office 2010 licenses and I am not going changing the server for such a trivial issue. SBS 2003 is working away perfectly.

Also the product key from Office 2013 does not work on the identical Office 2010 install. No downgrade path allowed supposedly?

Anyone come across this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

Outlook 2013 isn't supported on exchange 2003 end of story

If you have sbs you can install outlook 2003 from the sbs server it's in the client apps folder

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Pretty much what I read I could use IMAP or POP for mail however you loose all the nice contact, calendar access so its not worth it.

Bit of a shame really as I have seen lots of sites where they are still on SBS 2003 they just virtualised the server on the last hardware upgrade and left the settings in place and it runs like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

i agree sbs 2003 is stable and works well when visualized

the new exchange imho is a dog

Advertisement