Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macreddin Rock (Cushbawn hill, Aughrim), Saturday 22nd June 2013, 11k trail race

Options
  • 10-05-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

A new event this being organised by the local GAA club, starting and finishing at Brook Lodge Macreddin (outside the pub!) Co. Wicklow

Details here:- http://aughrimgaa.ie

Online entry here:- here

Garmin Link: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/310701453

A tough but rewarding run. From their website "You will encounter a 350m climb in the first 3km of this forest trail. When you reach the top you can quench your thirst at our summit water station where you can admire the stunning views. (if you have the energy)"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

The descent from the top:-

8727349466_121cd8ae06_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I've been asked to do the timing/results for this, alot of effort going into it so far, should be a very good race, certainly won't be the usually GAA charity race attempt!

Timmaay wrote: »
    I've been asked to do the timing/results for this, alot of effort going into it so far, should be a very good race, certainly won't be the usually GAA charity race attempt!

Good man Tim. A pity you are not taking part in it though. You'd be well suited to it.

Route map:-
    8727490693_b50a5f1237_z.jpg

Route profile:-
    8728610296_5fe725a89a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Looks great! Assuming it's dry would regular runners be okay for this route or would trail shoes be more suitable ?

• Advertisement

Very little mud on this trail so regular runners will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Does anyone have this route pre-loaded on map my run or any other running app. Im just down the road in tinahely. Would'nt mind having a practice on this

Does anyone have this route pre-loaded on map my run or any other running app. Im just down the road in tinahely. Would'nt mind having a practice on this

Does the garmin link in the 1st post not work for you? You should be able to create a course from the gps track, or load it to a garmin or equivalent?

Does the garmin link in the 1st post not work for you? You should be able to create a course from the gps track, or load it to a garmin or equivalent?

Thanks Slogger Jogger. I'll try it. I love running up the mangans lane loop , the kyle loop is a lovely run. Im off weekend so I might give it a go.

Thanks Slogger Jogger. I'll try it. I love running up the mangans lane loop , the kyle loop is a lovely run. Im off weekend so I might give it a go.

It starts (and finishes) outside the door of the pub (Actons), crosses the road and across golf course and the climb and the fun starts there.;)

• Advertisement

Just found the route on run keeper. So happy days. Ill have a go the weekend. dl

Saw great feedback on this on FB. Any linky for results?

Loved this race, even if I am feeling it all over this morning. Great organisation and a testing course, hope this becomes an annual event. Thanks to all the volunteers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Ran this race yesterday,well done to the organisers:) 2 water stations,really well marked and marshalled also some good prizes on offer and the food/drinks at the end were excellent an all round good event.If its on again next year will defo be back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moulmein

Hi. All the results can be found on http://aughrimgaa.ie

Moulmein wrote: »
    Hi. All the results can be found on http://aughrimgaa.ie

Thanks, is there a list of the category and team winners ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

I also did the race on Saturday. Very well organised and a pretty tough course - I would say trail runners a must though for this, not because of muck but due to the rocky trail on the steep descent. My mate ran it in ordinary trainers and said he could feel the rocks all the way down.

Advertisement