Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciara Conway on late late tonight

Options
  • 10-05-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

For what it's worth .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Blow the TAM ratings away I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Who's Ciara Conway?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Who's Ciara Conway?

Exactly.

This is the most I have seen of her since she was elected. Actually I remember her smiling like a Cheshire cat outside TalkTalk right after the staff were told it was being shut.

She's a useless, good for nothing waste of taxpayers money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

decies wrote: »
    For what it's worth .

It's worth fuck all

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

Exactly.

This is the most I have seen of her since she was elected. Actually I remember her smiling like a Cheshire cat outside TalkTalk right after the staff were told it was being shut.

you don't get out much id say, Ciara is always around...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

doing what exactly?? she would go through you quicker then the ebola virus!

what has she done for waterford or dungarvan for that matter? first one to open her gob & pander to the masses but doesnt deliver results. all fart and no sihte u might say! that said none of our "representatives" have... at least we hear halligans voice in the dail!

no doubt she was defending her party vehemently & also her "job" she may enjoy it as come election time she will be down the dole queue! want to get your head examined to re elect this "politician"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Exactly.

That's quite a strong statement. I wonder if you could provide reasons for your opinion. I'm not trying to defend her but I'd be very interested in how someone could have such a decisive opinion about someone.

Or, is it possible that you have no idea what you are talking about and are still scratching that same talk talk record where there were more than her smiling in that pic.

I'd be more than happy to agree with your opinion if you could back it up with actual information and facts, but I suspect you won't be able to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

doing what exactly?? she would go through you quicker then the ebola virus!

what has she done for waterford or dungarvan for that matter? first one to open her gob & pander to the masses but doesnt deliver results. all fart and no sihte u might say! that said none of our "representatives" have... at least we hear halligans voice in the dail!

no doubt she was defending her party vehemently & also her "job" she may enjoy it as come election time she will be down the dole queue! want to get your head examined to re elect this "politician"
    what has any of them done for Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Would you like Minister Dodgy Back?

efb wrote: »

cullen? we were in with the in crowd then at least motorway and bridge we got as well as respectable employment levels

we are out of favour and no clout with fianna gael, fail or labour now! and guess what we have fcuk all done nothing but haemeroged (sorry about spelling!) for last 5 years!

so yea id have cullen back assuming fianna fail in power....

we need prominant politicians in big parties & im certainly not pro ffail but history suggests waterford was always best served with a fianna fail or two even sitting tds....

at present we have a mish mash of mercenaries, yes men, independants and ciara conway... see my above comment in relation to her...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So as long as Waterford gets a cut feck the economy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

To be fair to Ciara, shes a very active TD and regularly featured in the media about something she is doing, has said or has done. I think Waterford is served very well politically. The only TD I don't hear or see off is John Deasy.

The problem is our TDs don't seem fit to send out newsletters informing the constituency what they are at. Their Facebook pages are generally a good spot to see what TDs are at. Hence the common attribute that we only ever hear from them around election or referendum time.

But to be fair, the vast majority at least are working but we just don't see it because its not covered by media, the TDs don't push what they do enough and unless you watch oireachtas report, your not going to be seeing much of what they do and that doesn't cover it all. Read up, educate yourself and you will see that our TDs do a lot of work in and around the Dail which excludes their constituency clinics.

So as long as Waterford gets a cut feck the economy!

"all politics is local"

and charity starts at home...

no need to say much more on that... its great for the boys in galway and dublin getting jobs

i cant help but be infuriated as weekly my friends, colleagues & class mates emigrate for foreign soils be it in uk, middle east, oz or canada etc... not going to beat the same drum everyone else has on here being a keyboard warrior but yea all politics is local we arent getting a crumb off the pie how ever big the pie maybe... we aint even sitting at the table! thats the killer

Sully wrote: »
    To be fair to Ciara, shes a very active TD and regularly featured in the media about something she is doing, has said or has done. I think Waterford is served very well politically. The only TD I don't hear or see off is John Deasy.

The problem is our TDs don't seem fit to send out newsletters informing the constituency what they are at. Their Facebook pages are generally a good spot to see what TDs are at. Hence the common attribute that we only ever hear from them around election or referendum time.

But to be fair, the vast majority at least are working but we just don't see it because its not covered by media, the TDs don't push what they do enough and unless you watch oireachtas report, your not going to be seeing much of what they do and that doesn't cover it all. Read up, educate yourself and you will see that our TDs do a lot of work in and around the Dail which excludes their constituency clinics.

read up and educate myself?

proportionally most jobs lost in last 6 years in country relative to size of population. fact.

replaced with? sorry buck stops with local representatives and the ida.

she was on later with vincent browne and got her backside handed to her. i can give credit to halligan he works very hard and i sent him an email a long time ago but had decency to get back to me. the same mail i sent deasy, conway & coffey, i got a half reply from coffey and nothing from the other pair....

waterford has gone from being 3rd biggest city in ireland in early 80s to second smallest (if you count kilkenny) now. that comes down to a few factors but nothing has been done to either stop the trend or even try reinvent our lot. still trying to kick the manufacturing can down the road!

the can is now at the feet of our current bunch and they are equally inept. i want to see results? can u educate me on that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gunner87

proportionally most jobs lost in last 6 years in country relative to size of population. fact.

she was on later with vincent browne and got her backside handed to her. i can give credit to halligan he works very hard and i sent him an email a long time ago but had decency to get back to me. the same mail i sent deasy, conway & coffey, i got a half reply from coffey and nothing from the other pair....

waterford has gone from being 3rd biggest city in ireland in early 80s to second smallest (if you count kilkenny) now. that comes down to a few factors but nothing has been done to either stop the trend or even try reinvent our lot. still trying to kick the manufacturing can down the road!

the can is now at the feet of our current bunch and they are equally inept. i want to see results? can u educate me on that??
    Here Here

That's quite a strong statement. I wonder if you could provide reasons for your opinion. I'm not trying to defend her but I'd be very interested in how someone could have such a decisive opinion about someone.

Or, is it possible that you have no idea what you are talking about and are still scratching that same talk talk record where there were more than her smiling in that pic.

I'd be more than happy to agree with your opinion if you could back it up with actual information and facts, but I suspect you won't be able to do that.

You're right, it was too strong a statement. A lot of anger get's built up inside after a week at work.

My peeve at Conway stems from about 18 months ago. I decided to get in contact with her and our other Dail representatives about the job cuts and general unemployment rates in the county with the possibility of getting a seminar going where our representatives could meet with worried employers, employees, unemployed etc. I Facebooked and emailed the TD's and got a reply back from all (including Deasy which I was shocked about) except Ciara. I rang her office a few times but to no avail. I met her face-to-face out of chance in Dublin one day and I tried to have a quick chat with her but she didn't have the time so took my number. Never heard from her again.

These people get paid a lot of cash which is funded by us and I feel the least they could do is meet with the people who are being affected most by the climate and not just people in their own ward. My family business was lost to the recession and I felt I my concerns and questions were falling on deaf ears despite many attempts to contact the people who are over our city and county. I'm not a big fan of Halligan but he has been our most pro-active TD in the Dail and on the ground.

To be fair to Cullen, he got a lot done for Waterford and people are only starting to realise this now that we have no Minister in government. He was one of the driving forces in getting the big companies into the IDA Estate and obviously the new motorway. It's a pity he was involved and a part of one of the most corrupt and incompetent governments we will probably ever see in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Ciara drove straight from her appearance on the late late to take part in the darkness into light walk for pieta house. Just saying.

Let me tell you why I sometimes find myself coming to her defence. I have yet to hear a valid reason for all the hatred of her. A lot of people took the smiling in a talk talk picture and ran with that for a very long time, despite how ridiculous it was. Certain TD's and councillors are very active on social media and very active in giving out about stuff, but don't actually achieve a great deal. I'm all for criticising politicans, but only when it's valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

cullen? we were in with the in crowd then at least motorway and bridge we got as well as respectable employment levels

we are out of favour and no clout with fianna gael, fail or labour now! and guess what we have fcuk all done nothing but haemeroged (sorry about spelling!) for last 5 years!

so yea id have cullen back assuming fianna fail in power....

we need prominant politicians in big parties & im certainly not pro ffail but history suggests waterford was always best served with a fianna fail or two even sitting tds....

at present we have a mish mash of mercenaries, yes men, independants and ciara conway... see my above comment in relation to her...

yes, and martin Cullen sat around the cabinet table with his ff colleagues and implemented policies that decimated our economy....the policies that led to the imf coming in to bail us out...the policies that have now seen hundreds of thousands end up on the dole....Fianna Fail and M Cullen were good for Waterford??? I don't know wether to laugh or vomit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

To be fair to Cullen, he got a lot done for Waterford and people are only starting to realise this now that we have no Minister in government. He was one of the driving forces in getting the big companies into the IDA Estate and obviously the new motorway. It's a pity he was involved and a part of one of the most corrupt and incompetent governments we will probably ever see in this country.

which big companies came to Waterford because of martin Cullen???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Ciara drove straight from her appearance on the late late to take part in the darkness into light walk for pieta house. Just saying.

Let me tell you why I sometimes find myself coming to her defence. I have yet to hear a valid reason for all the hatred of her. A lot of people took the smiling in a talk talk picture and ran with that for a very long time, despite how ridiculous it was. Certain TD's and councillors are very active on social media and very active in giving out about stuff, but don't actually achieve a great deal. I'm all for criticising politicans, but only when it's valid.

The uproar over Ciaras photo outside TalkTalk was way over the top. She wasn't there just for the photo opp, she turned smiled and photo was taken. A quick and meaningless error from a new TD still finding her way. Ciara did more than most for TT workers when help was needed and those at TT who were in contact with her would verify that. I can't comment on any other failings she has as I don't follow politics as much as I should but I do know that a quick smile in that photo is not a stick to beat her with.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Ciara Conway is not worth a fk for this county, none of them are.
    Simple fact of the matter is we are not at the races when it comes to politicians.
    Only decent one we have is Halligan but as an independent he is powerless, I wonder has he ever considered joining Labour or FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

The only time I've heard her since she was elected was when she was gloating about the +€600k :eek::eek: in funding that was being ear-marked for a cycle-way between Waterford City and Tramore.
    I haven't attempted to do any painting in the house since cos the price of paint must be gone through the roof based on that figure.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Sent her not 1 or 2 or 3 but several emails, never once received a reply. Waited at her office for a couple of hours to see her - she never turned up. Rang her office number and left a voice mail and number never heard a word back - she maybe always around when you know who she is, but she cant be found when needed - I know cause I really needed some help and tried on many times to find and/or contact her - it cant be done :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

yes, and martin Cullen sat around the cabinet table with his ff colleagues and implemented policies that decimated our economy....the policies that led to the imf coming in to bail us out...the policies that have now seen hundreds of thousands end up on the dole....Fianna Fail and M Cullen were good for Waterford??? I don't know wether to laugh or vomit!!!

I am not surprised since your a member of a party who implement Fine Fail policies good bad or indifferent. The only difference is that under FG we have to contend with the savage parochialism that has asset stripped our city.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mugser wrote: »
    The only time I've heard her since she was elected was when she was gloating about the +€600k :eek::eek: in funding that was being ear-marked for a cycle-way between Waterford City and Tramore.
    I haven't attempted to do any painting in the house since cos the price of paint must be gone through the roof based on that figure.:p

Considering this route already had a perfectly fine hard shoulder, I have yet to speak to anybody that thinks painting a cycle lane on that same route was:
    - a good idea
    - a good use of money
    - made things any better for cyclists.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

"all politics is local"

and charity starts at home...

no need to say much more on that... its great for the boys in galway and dublin getting jobs

i cant help but be infuriated as weekly my friends, colleagues & class mates emigrate for foreign soils be it in uk, middle east, oz or canada etc... not going to beat the same drum everyone else has on here being a keyboard warrior but yea all politics is local we arent getting a crumb off the pie how ever big the pie maybe... we aint even sitting at the table! thats the killer

To be fair, its not the governments job to force companies to locate in an area. Nor is it the governments job to create businesses (apart from creating the environment for jobs). Dublin & Cork are some of the biggest cities, great links on motorways between each other, each with its own big airport (and short distance from Cork to a major airport). A lot of these jobs have been expansions. I don't guilt them for being lucky - whats good for Cork or Dublin employment wise is good for the country and will help get us back up on our feet as a country. This applies to any government, Sinn Fein, Fianna Fail, Independents.

Do you think that your the only county that sees people emigrating? People in Cork, Galway & Dublin are leaving also you know. Despite these jobs being created.

Hence why IDA visits are up under this government. There have been various initiatives from the government to create an environment for jobs in Waterford and to try encourage movement on the jobs front. The buck doesn't stop with the TDs - they can only lobby and represent people on the issues brought to them, and lobby hard. Lobbying isn't, regardless of what County you live in, done in public. It was widely reported that the TDs lobbied the government (more like hounded them) over the issue of the Hospital Network despite TDs in neighbouring counties slamming WRH.

Our back bench TDs are not in the public eye for a reason - there not Minister. Hence why my comment about reading up and educating ourselves was made - because then you will see a bit more about what our TDs do.

What has Halligan done for Waterford that the other TDs haven't? Absolutely nothing. But you immediately think he has because he is in the media frequently due to his membership of the 'Technical Group' of various independent TDs who are too busy with infighting and being hypocritical to represent their constituency. He isn't in the paper about local issues. Plus, John is very good at keeping Social Media followers abreast on his opinions which are right up many peoples street these days and government TDs simply wont be commenting on the same.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Considering this route already had a perfectly fine hard shoulder, I have yet to speak to anybody that thinks painting a cycle lane on that same route was:
    - a good idea
    - a good use of money
    - made things any better for cyclists.

I think the money was used for the clearing of the bushes, hedging, cleaning of the road, then the lines, the signs etc.

Meanwhile, as per usual, Dungarvan gets a decent cycle track and not just a "pop up" basic track that looks better than it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

Sully wrote: »
    I think the money was used for the clearing of the bushes, hedging, cleaning of the road, then the lines, the signs etc.

Meanwhile, as per usual, Dungarvan gets a decent cycle track and not just a "pop up" basic track that looks better than it is.
    majority of monies paid were to consultants

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

majority of monies paid were to consultants

I'm not surprised at that,
    I wouldn't mind it's a few lines painted on a road another shocking waste of public money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Did anybody actually see her on the late late then? Threads on boards seem to fly off elsewhere these days lol. Missed it myself only so much of tubridy I can take.

Advertisement