Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciara Conway on late late tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

decies wrote: »
    Did anybody actually see her on the late late then? Threads on boards seem to fly off elsewhere these days lol. Missed it myself only so much of tubridy I can take.

Knock yourself out
    http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10147833/

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

my opinion on Conway is that she is eager for a media career, I reckon she knows the game is up as far as representing Waterford, she has achieved nothing of note. (im basing this on communications i have had with her and her willingness to go on tv to talk about Demi Moore etc) My lasting image of her will be smiling like a cheshire cat outside Talk Talk when 600 people got let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think this is about a year since she missed two days of work in the Dail, when I think there was some important votes taking place, to appear on Midday on TV3.

That was a serious error of judgement, in my opinion.

I'd say Cullinane in particular is eyeing up her seat in the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

efb wrote: »
    So as long as Waterford gets a cut feck the economy!

Cullen is History now. Live in the present FFS! It just smacks of desperation! We're talking about Ciara Conway and how with good reason most people thinks she is useless. Who tries to deflect criticism by claiming the sexism card! If she was black she would be playing that card too! And if we're gonna be using glib expressions like Minister Dodgy we can apply to most of this crowd as well. Allow me to illustrate.

Hogan-Minister for keeping pikies out your village with special responisbiliy for St Lukes Hospital at the expense of regional services.

Howlin- Minister for keeping the VEC in Wexford despite all the evidence saying it should be amalgamated with Waterford.

James Reilly - Minister for Bankruptcy with responsibiliity for giving PCC's to gombeen politicians

Enda Kenny Muppett with Dennis O'Briens hand up is arse.

See how easy that is........

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Max Powers wrote: »
    my opinion on Conway is that she is eager for a media career
    Some how I don't think that will pan out for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Sully wrote: »
    But to be fair, the vast majority at least are working but we just don't see it because its not covered by media, the TDs don't push what they do enough and unless you watch oireachtas report, your not going to be seeing much of what they do and that doesn't cover it all. Read up, educate yourself and you will see that our TDs do a lot of work in and around the Dail which excludes their constituency clinics.

If they were "working" as you put it, the Hospital wouldn't be getting downgraded, we would have some new on the University promised by Fine Gael, our City status wouldn't be under siege, and maybe they might throw a few quid into the airport.

For starters.

the policies that led to the imf coming in to bail us out

Which FG promised to overturn. Never forget.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

7upfree wrote: »
    If they were "working" as you put it, the Hospital wouldn't be getting downgraded, we would have some new on the University promised by Fine Gael, our City status wouldn't be under siege, and maybe they might throw a few quid into the airport.

For starters.

The Hospital is safe, didn't you get the memo? Even those campaigning and protesting against the whole issue have backed down as have our opposition TDs.
    7upfree wrote: »
    Which FG promised to overturn. Never forget.

No it didn't. It couldn't overturn the deal but they promised to try get a better deal. And they have done so, in part.

The Hospital is safe, didn't you get the memo? Even those campaigning and protesting against the whole issue have backed down as have our opposition TDs.

Lol!:D
    No it didn't. It couldn't overturn the deal but they promised to try get a better deal. And they have done so, in part.

Maybe not overturn, but close enough:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/not-a-cent-more-for-the-banks-vows-fg-144826.html

"FINE GAEL insisted it would not commit “another cent” to the banks on top of the €35 billion agreed to under the EU/IMF bailout deal."

And they have, of course, put generations of Irish people in hock after saying this. And this is a "better deal"?!

Yep, they're doing great work alright Sully. Sweet Jesus.:rolleyes:

PS no comment on the University as usual I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

The Hospital is safe, .

dont think even the most rabid FG supporter would actually believe that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Max Powers wrote: »
    dont think even the most rabid FG supporter would actually believe that.

Considering vital services such as cancer, cardiology and trauma services are retained, services are being improved and its to become a teaching hospital - its hardly a 'downgrade' or unsafe. Its business as usual and the concerns people had have been addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Considering vital services such as cancer, cardiology and trauma services are retained, services are being improved and its to become a teaching hospital - its hardly a 'downgrade' or unsafe. Its business as usual and the concerns people had have been addressed.

The hospital will no longer retain control over its budgets - it has in all but name been downgraded. It is now the ancillary as oppossed to the substantive sevice - its the 2nd not the 1st.

The concerns of people are now being ignored and sadly certain parties and their supportors are trying to make the loss of budget control a non issue.
    When you lose control of the purse strings, you lose control full stop and as time goes by this is likely to become evident.

If no change was involved what was the point of giving Cork control of the finances?

The hospital will no longer retain control over its budgets - it has in all but name been downgraded. It is now the ancillary as oppossed to the substantive sevice - its the 2nd not the 1st.

The concerns of people are now being ignored and sadly certain parties and their supportors are trying to make the loss of budget control a non issue.
    When you lose control of the purse strings, you lose control full stop and as time goes by this is likely to become evident.

If no change was involved what was the point of giving Cork control of the finances?

We have enough influence on the management board to fight against any cutbacks or budget cuts for WRH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

We have enough influence on the management board to fight against any cutbacks or budget cuts for WRH.

If nothing changed why give finanical control of WRH to Cork?

Thats very short term thinking to say we have enough influence on the board, what happens when the board changes or the interest of people on the board change ?

If we weren't being downgraded, influence on the management board wouldn't be an issue to begin with!

If nothing changed why give finanical control of WRH to Cork?

Thats very short term thinking to say we have enough influence on the board, what happens when the board changes or the interest of people on the board change ?

If we weren't being downgraded, influence on the management board wouldn't be an issue to begin with!

I answered your question re: why Cork are getting financial control of all the hospitals in the group, not just WRH.

I'm just pointing out something to note re: board. I'm not suggesting Cork have it in for Waterford, but some people are convinced everybody has it in for us.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lads, we already have a thread about the hospital, we don't need yet another
    can you please keep on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

you don't get out much id say, Ciara is always around...

am I the only one who got that? :D

Advertisement