Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pellegrini to City

• 10-05-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭

Twitter has gone absolutely ballistic with the rumour that Pellegrini will replace Mancini as Man City manager. Apparently instigated by this article by Ballague

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/05/10/mas_futbol/1368219513_326123.html

EDIT - spelt the poor guys name wrong in the title can a mod amend if poss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

32178556.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Completely stupid by City if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's an excellent manager.

He's done 3 really good jobs in a row. Really didn't deserve the sack at Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Holy f*ck it's been one crazy week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Fenix wrote: »
    32178556.jpg

Chrome translates the page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Google decided to help you out...

Pellegrini will be the next coach of Manchester City . That was assured yesterday in England, the day before the FA Cup final between the citizen and the Wigan team of Roberto Martinez. The agreement with the current coach of Malaga was recently reached, after Txiki Begiristain received carte blanche from the owner of the English club, Sulaiman Al-Fahim, to close the deal with the Chilean coach, with whom he met in Spain, by the technical agent, Jesus Martinez. Mancini still has a contract with Manchester City, but long ago was sentenced . Pellegrini has two years left on his contract with Malaga, which is inseparable paying a clause four million. With the confirmation of the signing of Pellegrini, Begiristain be available to remodel a template that could be jellyfish novelty Isco , Pellegrini's right eye, which has a clause of 35 million.

ShaneU wrote: »

Poor season.

Very poor signings last summer apart from Nastasic.

Very lucky to win the title when they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

PM'd another poster earlier tonight & told him that the word on the grapevine was that Mancini will be gone within the week.

Wins trophies for a club that were so used to winning nothing and looks like getting sacked.City,still smalltime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Wouldn't be surprised for City to sign him, going absolutely nuts in the summer market and try to claim Prem League dominace now that SAF has gone.

He's almost certainly a considerable upgrade on Mancini.

Given the trouble at Malaga he's available now and City are doing well to get him while they can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

As a United fan I would like to see Mancini stay in his job tbh

zerks wrote: »
    PM'd another poster earlier tonight & told him that the word on the grapevine was that Mancini will be gone within the week.

Wins trophies for a club that were so used to winning nothing and looks like getting sacked.City,still smalltime.

I reckon it has more to do with this man management at the club, which hasn't been great.

Also, subtle protests like putting Lescott up front wouldn't have gone down too well!

He was complaining about not getting the players in he wanted. Ridiculous given the squad they have. Should be challenging better for the title with that squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Am I the only one who rates Mancini?

If Fergie was City manager last season, and Mancini United manager, City would have won the league handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

False 9 wrote: »
    I reckon it has more to do with this man management at the club, which hasn't been great.

Also, subtle protests like putting Lescott up front wouldn't have gone down too well!

He was complaining about not getting the players in he wanted. Ridiculous given the squad they have. Should be challenging better for the title with that squad.

Wonder what team he'll put out tomorrow now this news has surfaced. Nasri at centre-back and Pantilimon up front ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CSF wrote: »

yup

give me 500 million and i will make a team that will not only win the league but the world ****ing cup too.

greendom wrote: »
    Wonder what team he'll put out tomorrow now this news has surfaced. Nasri at centre-back and Pantilimon up front ?

As long as they keep Hart in goals they'll leak a few anyway. :D

Mancini is obviously a capable manager, but he got very lucky with Inter, failed misreably in Europe (with Inter and City) and should really be doing a better job at City. His man management is not up to scratch for a top level club with top level egos to boot. He is not tactically proficient.

I dont wanna really get into it about him, just that I am happy enough to have him as the City manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

CSF wrote: »

Nope. Three, maybe four, trophies in three years deserves more credit than it gets. A lot of people just like to have a pop at City wherever possible.

No surprise to see the sh*t stirring come on the eve of the cup final either.

False 9 wrote: »
    As long as they keep Hart in goals they'll leak a few anyway. :D

Third Golden Glove in a row says he leaks less than anyone else :cool:

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »

I was only joking as he's been a bit error prone this season. :)

Or that the players in front of him do a pretty good job :D

kryogen wrote: »
    Or that the players in front of him do a pretty good job :D

Given the chopping and changing at the back with injuries, it's very much a bit from each column.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nope. Three, maybe four, trophies in three years deserves more credit than it gets. A lot of people just like to have a pop at City wherever possible.

Yep, he's done a good job, still you'd prefer Pelligrini?

Some changes at the top 7 recently if this happens, even talk of Wenger going though I'd be more shocked about that than Fergie!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

For that investment, you would have to expect a bit more?

Well not me i dont rate him at all, but its not my money he is spending so we will see that they think.

Great craic having an owner that ploughs millions into the team.....sometimes i think we got lucky....then i remember we won fcuk all.

Best of luck with your club/plaything/thingie.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Why? Pelligrini is a terrific coach, a coach who gets the very best out of his players, even if those players are thought to be past their best. A highly respected coach the world over, a coach who instantly commands respect, rather than seek it. Built a wonderful and exciting Villareal side, ridiculously unlucky to be sacked by Madrid given the amount of points he totaled up and has worked miracles at a Malaga side stripped of cash and some of it's best players. I think he is certainly a step up on Mancini and I think a lot of clubs could do a lot worse than sign Pelligrini.

K-9 wrote: »
    Yep, he's done a good job, still you'd prefer Pelligrini?

I'd prefer stability tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mancini's a good manager who doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, but Pellegrini is a level above IMO. Harsh to get rid of Mancini, but at least the replacement is an upgrade.

It does annoy me to constantly see people having a go at Manchester City's spending whenever a thread concerning the club pops up though. That club have had average attendances of 28,000 + in League One and the Championship, their fans have stuck by their team through thick and thin while their rivals were winning trophy after trophy. I'm glad this sort of investment happened to a club whose fans have always stuck by them.

Am I right in saying that this has all stemmed from Balague, the man who said Pep wasn't going to Bayern?

If so I'll hold fire on the panic button for a bit, cup final to focus on and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well the guy has European experience for those who see that as significant, as we've seen in recent days with United many do, Liverpool last year, decent league record as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Invincible

Sure he's Head & Shoulders above the rest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yup

give me 500 million and i will make a team that will not only win the league but the world ****ing cup too.

thats a big fat lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm glad this sort of investment happened to a club whose fans have always stuck by them.

There are clubs all across the world who have fans that stick by them no matter what. Where is their investment? Is having a loyal fanbase the only criteria for being worthy of such investment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

greendom wrote: »
    Twitter has gone absolutely ballistic with the rumour that Pellegrini will replace Mancini as Man City manager. Apparently instigated by this article by Ballague

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/05/10/mas_futbol/1368219513_326123.html

EDIT - spelt the poor guys name wrong in the title can a mod amend if poss

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

mike65 wrote: »

Wenger to PSG; interesting! It would be a good move for both Wenger and PSG.

Benítez to Arsenal? :D Now that would be interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I like Mancini, don't go down that route.

So this Pellegrini chap then... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Mancini is a nice guy but too laid back at times. Many of the players there just for the money and not that bothered.

• Advertisement

City should be drooling at the prospect to be honest.

I get that they're grateful to Mancini for winning something after so long but if they want to progress Pellegrino is an excellent choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mancini on Pellegrino stories: 'I don't know if it's true or not. I don't think so but in football anything can happen'

Also criticises his bosses at City for doing nothing to stop speculation about his future: "they should have done something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Bit of a hit for City in terms of FFP to sack him, didn't he sign a bumper 5 year contract in the Summer?

Could see it costing them £20m+

Blatter wrote: »
    Bit of a hit for City in terms of FFP to sack him, didn't he sign a bumper 5 year contract in the Summer?

Could see it costing them £20m+

I'd say they have some scheme in place for FFP; I suspect the sheiks have enough cash to throw at it to keep one step ahead of UEFA auditors! If not, they can just move on to a new project.

It's probably seen as a big embarrasment to them as they are using City to market and promote an image of a country, and coming second means City are not fulfilling their role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm a pretty big Pellegrini fan and I'd love to see him get another chance at a big club. If thats City then I think they walk away with the league next year. This guy just knows how to get the best out of players. Look at Villareal getting relegated two years after he left and they were playing CL football when he was there. At Real it was awful that he got sacked after the amount of points they had that season. And he was worked wonders at Malaga too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm a pretty big Pellegrini fan and I'd love to see him get another chance at a big club. If thats City then I think they walk away with the league next year. This guy just knows how to get the best out of players. Look at Villareal getting relegated two years after he left and they were playing CL football when he was there. At Real it was awful that he got sacked after the amount of points they had that season. And he was worked wonders at Malaga too.
    he done a good job at Real too
    no way he should have been sacked

the only coach to take two different teams to the Champions League quarter-finals in their debut seasons in the competition.

wiki

Exactly the kind of coach city need.

... and speaks good English.

“My teams always treat the ball as the priority, with plenty of mobility, blending South American football with European. My philosophy is based on having players with a good technical ability. Efficient and creative. My teams think more about building than destroying, and I don't like those who prioritise destruction through constant man-marking and fouling. It bores me, I'd never go to see that kind of football.”

TalkSport

Hard to see Mancini getting another season if this guy is interested . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I still think City should stick with Mancini. It was just last season he was winning the title. Regardless of money spent, you can't expect to win the title every season. Football just doesn't work like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I really hope City dont get rid of Mancini just for the sake of normality. Not a great season from them but like the owners have to just think back to last year. If i was city fan, I be thinking with the changes at UTD its a time for stability for a good chance of winning back the title.

• Advertisement
Advertisement