Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issues

Options
  • 10-05-2013 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey guys 4weeks ago id a car crash and was injured, was outta work with whiplash to neck,back and shoulder...I had all my certificates up to date in the duration that im out and have been handed in to my employer. he doesn't pay sick pay and on last week rings my gp demanding to know what exactly is wrong with as its not stated on my cert than rings me when he gets nowhere with my gp asking what im doing on holidays and practically accuses me of been out of the country (im sitting in the psyio waiting room) im actually pretty insulted after working 9years for him and only ever missing 3day for my dads funeral can he accuse me of anything like that.any advice what I should do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Your boss is having to cope with your work load and after been in a company 9 years you know how to deal well with things or sort out/help other staff with problems so they don't have to go near him. With you gone he is dealing with more things than he normally does.
    Rather than ring you and asking how you are he decides to show himself up.
    After working for him for 9 years and only taking 3 day off when your father died he should know that your not in work for a good reason.
    I would give him a call and tell him the following - have had a car accident and that's why you have got my sick certs. I will be following my consultants advice in regards to returning to work. I would also tell him that after 9 years of working for him that you will not put up with being accused of being on holidays when I recovering from a car accident.

At this stage I would be in no hurry to get back to work. I know that soon you will feel better but I would follow your doctors/consultant advice in regards to going back to work.
    Just keep giving your boss the sick certs.
    Also I would contact your local social welfare office as you may be entitled to sick pay.
    I would keep all doctors, consultants, physio bills ect for your health insurance company.
    If you do not have health insurance if you fill out a Med one form you should get some of these costs back from revenue.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Advertisement