Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed an exam.. What to do?

Options
  • 10-05-2013 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

Instead of my exam being on the 15 May @ 3, it was 8 May @ 3. F*ck. I just noticed and am absolutely flipping my **** over how absolutely idiotic I am. Any tips on where to go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I dunno, but if you get away with it can you post here, I've an absolute cow of a run in next week and I'd love one of them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

muffinz wrote: »
    Instead of my exam being on the 15 May @ 3, it was 8 May @ 3. F*ck. I just noticed and am absolutely flipping my **** over how absolutely idiotic I am. Any tips on where to go from here?

Not much you can do really unless you've extenuating circumstances which it sounds like you don't. Best you can do is contact the lecturer involved and see what happens. It's more than likely going to be 230 euro and a resit at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jripper

You will have to resit, there is no mercy in ucd. Just hand over the money - NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Could you go the Doctor and get a sick cert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Contact the school immediately - I had this happen to a mate in the School of Psychology a few years back, they were able to arrange for him to sit a backup paper on a different day. He was only a day off, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

As Raphael said, contact your school - NOW. And your module co-ordinator. They may be able to organise something for you, but it really is up to the co-ordinator and school.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 reno123

Otherwise into the doctor say couldnt make it in to him had the runs and puking. No questions asked. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If someone in your position contacted the head of module immediately with vast apologies and had got confused with the dates as they weren't well around the days of the exam and had a doctors note supporting that, then that person would more than likely be able to resit the exam without penalty either during these exam sittings or the next ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Get onto the lecturer and the exams office asap. It's happened many, many, many times before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Just an update: I emailed my tutor/the school/anyone and everyone. Lecturer was very understanding and they arranged an exam for me tomorrow evening. Absolute legends, the lot of them.

So just for anyone else who's reading this and has done the same: don't freak out, just send a sincere email and go visit their offices the moment you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Just an update: I emailed my tutor/the school/anyone and everyone. Lecturer was very understanding and they arranged an exam for me tomorrow evening. Absolute legends, the lot of them.

So just for anyone else who's reading this and has done the same: don't freak out, just send a sincere email and go visit their offices the moment you can.

I did that in first year, genuine mistake, misread the timetable and was a slot late. Immediately contacted the lecturer and he was understanding, the school, however, were more or less tough luck, repeat next year.

Glad yours were more understanding.

Advertisement