Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT gets sole rights to broadcast MotoGP next year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

With all the new fibre installations all over the country, enthusiasts should have no bother getting a flawless internet feed. There's sure to be plenty of dependable sources. £12 & £15 extra to your Sky sub in UK will probably mean €16 & €20 here:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭prunudo

It seems like a very bad deal for the fans, Dorna going after the big money deal as usual.
    As long as Bsb and Wsbk stay free to air that's the main thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

jvan wrote: »
    It seems like a very bad deal for the fans, Dorna going after the big money deal as usual.
    As long as Bsb and Wsbk stay free to air that's the main thing

Dorna own Wsbk, I wouldn't be so sure, they've already decided to sideline as a series for 'up and coming' stars for Motogp.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Back to the auld MCN newspaper every week for me so.

Ill keep up to date on the MotoGP that way from 2014..

paddy147 wrote: »
    Back to the auld MCN newspaper every week for me so.

Ill keep up to date on the MotoGP that way from 2014..

Yeah, they'll have Crutchlow winning every race, wouldn't believe anything in that comic.

• Advertisement

bladespin wrote: »
    Yeah, they'll have Crutchlow winning every race, wouldn't believe anything in that comic.

Hes supposedly going to the works Suzuki MotoGP Team for the 2014 season.Hes number 1 on their list.;)

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Motoworld+Suzuki+wants+Crutchlow+and+Espargaro

Hes supposedly going to the works Suzuki MotoGP Team for the 2014 season.Hes number 1 on their list.;)

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Motoworld+Suzuki+wants+Crutchlow+and+Espargaro

Career ender so, at least we won't have to listen to him moaning.

bladespin wrote: »
    Career ender so, at least we won't have to listen to him moaning.

Well Cal has made no secret of wanting to be main man/rider in a factory team and wanting to develop a bike and have an input into it and how its built for the track.

So maybe the 2014 Suzuki MotoGP team could be his ideal ticket??

Only he himself knows the answer to that one.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Jesus, well done making it as hard to follow as possible MotoGP, I probably wont bother watching from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

same as that, only watching coz of crutchlow doing well, feck them i'll stick to bsb and wsbk till they ppview them as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

This means that Eurosport and BBC TV stations will not show MotoGP from next year.
    Eurosport Germany will still be carrying MotoGP I think, not hard to point another dish to 19º and have a german feed.
    You won't have Ryder and Moody and Spalders excellent commentary though.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Eurosport Germany will still be carrying MotoGP I think, not hard to point another dish to 19º and have a german feed.
    You won't have Ryder and Moody and Spalders excellent commentary though.

So the "germans" will be lording it over us with regards motorbike racing in this country too...

Fcuking typical....:pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

If you don't mind not watching it live, then just download it. I've been doing that for a while now. I have a UPC recorder but it's too much effort to set it up to record stuff. I just download it the next day in full HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭F1 fanatic

If you don't mind not watching it live, then just download it. I've been doing that for a while now. I have a UPC recorder but it's too much effort to set it up to record stuff. I just download it the next day in full HD.

Can you recommend a good download site for motorsport.

Have the same issue with IZOD going to bt sport

Sure. I'll send you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Sure. I'll send you a PM

could you send me that pm too please!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sure. I'll send you a PM

Me to please.

Another request here too!

Fired off a few PMs there.

Thanks a mill!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Never have or will pay for sports subs on the TV. If it ain't on freeview I ain't watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

IMO next year wil consist of Marquez,Lorenzo and Pedrosa changing podium steps......not going to pay for that....;)

F1 is kind of the same right?

I like watching Crutchlow and Edwards but unfortunately the camera is on 1st or 2nd place battles all the time.

IMO next year wil consist of Marquez,Lorenzo and Pedrosa changing podium steps......not going to pay for that....;)
    You think Pedrosa is going to retain his Repsol ride?
    I wouldn't be so sure.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You think Pedrosa is going to retain his Repsol ride?
    I wouldn't be so sure.

Who do you rekon will fill his boots?

Where do you think Dani will go then?

Who do you rekon will fill his boots?

Where do you think Dani will go then?
    Retirement is always an option, he has had 9 seasons of MotoGP and hasn't won it yet.
    Lots of strong stuff coming from Moto2 as well.
    Rossi is still there mainly to keep the fanbase, he is s different story to Pedrosa.
    I think the field needs some clearing out, there is a few riders well past their prime still tooling around well down the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

No way that Dani leaves Repsol in the immediate future. He's well entrenched at the team and without his collarbone injury he'd likely be leading the championship. He's getting beaten by Marquez...but so is everyone else! Im sure at the start of the season Dani thought things would play out quite differently to how they have but he's still one of the top three riders on the grid and thoroughly deserves his place on a factory bike

frostie500 wrote: »
    No way that Dani leaves Repsol in the immediate future. He's well entrenched at the team and without his collarbone injury he'd likely be leading the championship. He's getting beaten by Marquez...but so is everyone else! Im sure at the start of the season Dani thought things would play out quite differently to how they have but he's still one of the top three riders on the grid and thoroughly deserves his place on a factory bike
    He has had a lot of bad injuries though.
    Granted he has come through them, but with the appearance of Marquez he isn't #1 rider for HRC anymore.
    Could he handle being #2 rider? Seeing as this was supposed to be a learning year for Marquez and he was to be lead rider. HRC may use Marquez as the lead rider and centre the RCV development around him?
    Rossi and Lorenzo were the same at Yamaha, Lorenzo was seen as the future and Rossi was #2 rider so he left for Ducati.

On a more Technical note, whats happening with the customer RCV's?
    Yamaha will have 6 engines circulating next season two each in Factory and Tech3 and another two in the NGM FTR chassis. Honda have just Four bikes on the grid, has no-one expressed interest or ar they just too expensive for teams in the current climate?

Honda don't haven't exactly been known for their loyalty so I wouldn't be surprised if Dani was moved aside either to a satellite team or contract not renewed, bad luck doesn't count much with them, TBH I don't think he has a MoptoGP world championship in him.

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »

But yet to win a MotoGP world championship.

That must play on his mind alot......seen as he has been there all this time now.;)

Hes getting his a55 handed to him by a newbie/rookie in the form or Mr Marquez,so that has got be be mentally draining for him and that is half the battle in MotoGP as we all know from the days or Rossi V Gibernau and their "mental games".:pac::D

Advertisement