Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesale Promotions for Retailers

Options
  • 10-05-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Ive been looking to create a site to try bring together all wholesalers promotions that they are offering to retailers. I think that this could be very good site to help retailers to get better deals and see what offers are available. Ive talked to a few people and they think its a good idea but could be hard to do. If your a retailer what do you think?

My biggest problem is getting promotions from wholesalers on a consistent basis. Some I can get from their websites or I get emailed to me but others its like a national secret. Alot of the wholesalers do not make it easy to find or get their deals. I searched the UK wholesalers to see if its the same there and they nearly all have their promotions on their websites.

Ones I can get
    Musgraves
    Londis
    ValueCentre
    Morris Brothers
    JR Byrne
    JMH
    Eurogeneral
    S&W
    Makro
    Rayburn

Ones I cannot get
    OReillys
    Hendersons
    Byrnes
    iBrands
    Balidore
    Tuffys
    4 Aces
    Coxs
    Leydens
    MP Sullivans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Who would pay? Would the retailers pay for the information? I doubt it very much.
    I cannot see why any of the big wholesalers would want to support a site that gave the smaller guys a marketing platform to snipe at their market share.

The whole point of special offers is to get the customer placing orders for the specials and then buying all the regular stock lines. Supporting such a site would only serve to dilute the average order value.

Sure it would be interesting/attractive to retailers, just can't see the revenue model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

A better idea might be to create a mydealpage.ie type website for B2B.

Tbh, I don't know what the revenue model is for that type of website, but if it is a viable business, it could be possible to do something similar in B2B.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I worked with a lot of wholesalers as I worked on their IT systems. One thing they did was exclude "cherry pickers". Effectively if they notice somebody just coming in and taking their promotions only they would meet with them and if they kept it up they would not allow them to shop their anymore.

Lots of the promotions ran by wholesalers are either zero profit or loss makers. So they don't take kindly to people coming around for promotions only. In fairness this was UK wholsalers but they all did it so I suspect they do it here too.

The system specifically had a report call "cherry pickers".

I would see this as a problem to your idea

Advertisement