Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export bank statement to excel ?

Options
  • 11-05-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Can i export my bank statement into Excel from my AIB online banking account ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

AFAIK AIB still don't have an export function in any format. Pretty useless stuff in 2013 tbh. I'd move bank if I were you. AIB aren't cheap. UB allow csv export of account statements and even with their €4 per month charge are cheaper than AIB.

Perhaps PTSB also has an export feature? That would be best as they are easiest to avoid fees with. I do not understand why anyone would stay with AIB to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Copy and paste are your friends. Same data.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Yes, you can copy and paste and then use the Text->Data option.

Copy and paste are your friends. Same data.
    While certainly possible, it is pretty laborious if one wants to extract historical data and really annoying because the bank already has all this data in a format that could very easily be converted to csv (if not already so) and made available for export.

Copy and paste is error prone.

Both my current German banks and also Ulster Bank (the only remaining Irish bank I have online access to) allows at the very least a csv export. My German banks also have direct xls exports.

AIB are just a useless bank with no sense of customer care. We should have let them go to the wall the last time they needed our money (20 years ago or so).

EDIT: Not having a go at you in case it sounds like that....it's AIB that p!ss me off. Your answer is correct for the OP as AIB has left them with no other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

daisy123 wrote: »
    Yes, you can copy and paste and then use the Text->Data option.

Can you please explain what the Text->Data option is and how to use it ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Can you please explain what the Text->Data option is and how to use it ?

Thanks

bump

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

What if, instead of copying and pasting, you just use the "Print Screen" button.

Then paste it into paint or wherever and crop the edges off it. (i.e. the side menus etc.)(Optional!)

Then print the image.

Is that of any use to you??

He wants to use the data, not make a picture.

Advertisement