Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freddy the mover

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

i found freddie to be sound we bought a couch in cost plus sofa's and had freddie deliver it, he asked where i wanted it and told him i'd look after that myself and he could just leave it where it stood on its side in the sitting room, maybe your mam should have told him where to place it as he aint a mind reader

Obvious defensive co-worker or relative to Freddy. Please, that was so transparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

Obvious defensive co-worker or relative to Freddy. Please, that was so transparent.
    i never met freddie in me life up until we went to cost plus sofa's on thursday, i had my doubts about him because of this unfair thread and made sure i was at the house when he came and not my pregnant girlfriend, unless i'm foreign which i aint then i'm not related to freddie

i never met freddie in me life up until we went to cost plus sofa's on thursday, i had my doubts about him because of this unfair thread and made sure i was at the house when he came and not my pregnant girlfriend, unless i'm foreign which i aint then i'm not related to freddie

Its one case of good service though, that doesnt validate the experience of the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Its one case of good service though, that doesnt validate the experience of the OP.

But one bad experience doesn't invalidate the good opinions either so that statement's a bit hypocritical no?

just because someone comes on here saying freddie is bad at his job just because he was'nt given directions on where to put it then thats the OP's problem, he asked me clearly where i would like the couch and i said just leave it on its side i will sort it myself later and thats exactly what he did, he aint exactly expensive either €20 is all he charged me for the delivery, as i said he aint a mind reader, just because a person is too proud to speak up and say "here would ya put it in that corner or this corner" is'nt too hard. like have you used his service?? if not then you can't exactly comment!!! your just going by someone else's slander of another persons good name

• Advertisement

^ To be fair, we dont know for sure exactly how it happened so we cant judge someone else for something when we dont know all the facts. But as is the way these days with so many shops and services, people are getting very shoddy service and aftercare so its very possible Freddy the Mover DID screw up in OPs case. I wouldnt let one good experience make me have a blinkered view of a company as a whole.

^ To be fair, we dont know for sure exactly how it happened so we cant judge someone else for something when we dont know all the facts. But as is the way these days with so many shops and services, people are getting very shoddy service and aftercare so its very possible Freddy the Mover DID screw up in OPs case. I wouldnt let one good experience make me have a blinkered view of a company as a whole.
    but you'd let one bad experience make you have a bad view of his business, don't knock something til you experience it yourself!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv never heard of Freddy until this thread and the complaint wouldn't have put me off him. Some people have bad days, some people have bad experiences and some businesses will learn from a bad experience / day. Unless a lot of people consistently wrote of a business, than I would happily use them and wouldn't let a bad review knock it. Even the review here doesn't exactly reflect that badly on his service tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Personally I'm happy that you had a good experience with Freddy the mover as I said from the start I didn't want anyone to not use his service based on what happened to my mother.

Advertisement