Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Final 11/05/13 Manchester City Vs. Wigan Athletic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The Espinoza one wasn't a pen, but Wigan should be ahead here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Starting to liven up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think if he went down straight away he had it but delayed and then dived..

Great chance there just no one quick enough to the box!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

klose wrote: »
    Taking a break from the corners market lately?

Eased off more like :)

MOTM bets have been so, so good to me in the past couple of months too. Very profitable market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Was Hodgson asleep there?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Dive, good call ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Good call from the ref, went down far to easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Wonder has the late kick-off affected attendance? Lots of empty seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I thought if Mcmanaman went down under the challenge from Kolarov when he went through there, he could easily have gotten Kolarov sent off.

Good game so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Barry should have hit it with his right, even not on target and Aguero might have got it, poor effort in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Would imagine its down to the 2 clubs playing. Generally lots of empty seats when they play.

Early or late it doesn't matter, there is not enough Wigan fans to fill them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

all the empty seats are in the "FA Family" section...ergo sponsors, budweiser etc. they're always empty

Wigan playing well, City yet to find what they are capable of.

Decent game of ball so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Game really needs a goal, but Wigan have played well. They were the better team in that half anyway.

Decent game, good chances for both sides. Not the landslide many were expecting so far anyway.

Anyone wrote: »
    Would imagine its down to the 2 clubs playing. Generally lots of empty seats when they play.
    Early or late it doesn't matter, there is not enough Wigan fans to fill them!

I'd guess that more families would take their kids down to London for it if it wasn't a late kick-off, but it's probably like ye say, both teams don't have a large enough fan base to fill Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Absolute rubbish from us. No urgency, slack passing and standing ten yards off the man when defending. Strung one good move together and almost scored, apart that it's been a disgrace.

Credit to Wigan as well, they're looking good on the break.

retalivity wrote: »
    all the empty seats are in the "FA Family" section...ergo sponsors, budweiser etc. they're always empty

They weren't empty for Chelsea v Liverpool I think . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I checked the odds on Skybet before kick off and they had Wigan at 15/2 to win after 90 mins.

In a 2 horse race?! That's generous in my opinion.

You would swear McManaman was 16 years old the way they are going on about him :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Wigan were a better side they would have made much of more of the space between the City middle and defence. Some big gaps. I don't watch Wigan unless they are playing Liverpool so can anyone tell me if Kone usually plays to one side? I'd have him nailed front and centre - too often he has been the one delivering a cross or a hopeful long range blast when he should be in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd guess that more families would take their kids down to London for it if it wasn't a late kick-off, but it's probably like ye say, both teams don't have a large enough fan base to fill Wembley.

You don't ned to fill Wembley, you just need to take up your allocation. We have 31k there, as much as we could possibly get.

Wigan have 21k, that's why it looks empty. No problem with our support, we could have sold thousands more were we given them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Time for Milner, get Barry off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

cambo2008 wrote: »
    You would swear McManaman was 16 years old the way they are going on about him :rolleyes:

I don't think its down to his age even though 22 is still relatively young, they only mentioned his emergence in the last 4-6 months which has been fantastic.l

He's been giving the City back 4 a torrid time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great effort by Wigan in the first half,really making it hard for City to break them down,going to be interesting if they can keep it up for the full 90.

Anyone else thinking the FA Cup final should have remained a 3pm ko?

Or am I just old school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If this game were being played at OT then the place would be buzzing, instead it sounds like a group game between say France and (little country here) in the South Africa World Cup

kraggy wrote: »
    I checked the odds on Skybet before kick off and they had Wigan at 15/2 to win after 90 mins.

The odds reflect the betting patterns of the public, so it means that Wigan aren't getting many bets before KO.

double GG wrote: »
    I don't think its down to his age even though 22 is still relatively young, they only mentioned his emergence in the last 4-6 months which has been fantastic.l

He's been giving the City back 4 a torrid time.

On ESPN they keep finishing with "for someone so young" when talking about him.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You don't ned to fill Wembley, you just need to take up your allocation. We have 31k there, as much as we could possibly get.

Wigan have 21k, that's why it looks empty. No problem with our support, we could have sold thousands more were we given them.

That sucks; should be possible to get the sponsors seats to fans if they don't take them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paul Jewell on ESPN. Haven't seen him since... that... eh... video. :pac:

It really is a disgrace those seats over the far side after half time in ANY game in Wembley. Looks terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

114494271_display_image.jpg?1309394133

City clearly have the better players, but they are just not applying themselves correctly - they could be out of sight if they gave a crap.

Lol, sore head :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

****ing hate short corners

what the...?

mike65 wrote: »
    If Wigan were a better side they would have made much of more of the space between the City middle and defence. Some big gaps. I don't watch Wigan unless they are playing Liverpool so can anyone tell me if Kone usually plays to one side? I'd have him nailed front and centre - too often he has been the one delivering a cross or a hopeful long range blast when he should be in the area.

The few times I have seen them his game has more or less been the same. He tends to come out wide, whether he is told to, or whether it is him trying to get more into the game I am not sure.

I'd be of the same opinion as yourself, I had the same thoughts in the recent game against Swansea.

Don't think ref saw enough . . . neither did I! :pac:

edit: nothing to see!

Scharner you clown. Should've been a penalty.

• Advertisement

was Kun offside? if he was, it wasn't a pen either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Never a peno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Kompany is a class act

Short corners should be eliminated from the game altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

City been terrible. Should still win though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

kraggy wrote: »

Its a 3 horse race though, the draw is also a possiblity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Henriquez to come on and score the winner in the last minute:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Come on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Kompany

Advertisement