Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to repeat?

• 11-05-2013 4:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭

Failed two exams at Christmas so right now I'm looking at repeats.

However, I remember being told in first year by one of the lecturers that a certain GPA at the end of the year would see your fail bumped up to a pass if its anywhere close. One of them I failed by 2%. I reckon that would be close enough!

Even just getting down to one repeat would be great. The other was a larger amount so might not qualify.

Anybody know about this? As in whats the GPA needed, how does it happen etc?

Does it even happen or was it a trick to relax us before our first set of exams? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

You can compensate some grades depending on your other results. So it's possible you may not need to repeat if they compensate.

Did the one you missed by 2% result in a D grade ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

macrubicon wrote: »
    You can compensate some grades depending on your other results. So it's possible you may not need to repeat if they compensate.

Did the one you missed by 2% result in a D grade ?

It was marked as a NP as my CA went missing. Gave it in again and score I was told works out at leaving me 2% shy of the pass but I dont know the official grade until the end of year report, I'm assuming it's been left as an F.

I've done the exam for the follow on subject from that one and am fairly confidant of getting a B, a C at worst. Even if it's just that subject I'll be happy enough.

Thanks for confirming that it is an actual possibility :)

Advertisement