Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Athlone to Cork? Advice re motorways?

Options
  • 11-05-2013 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi folks I was thinking of heading to Roscrea hopping on to the M7 and then joining the M8 but it seems I can't do this according to aa route planner. Looking at the map this route seems a no brainer, surely it's not possible that such a major intersection has no provision for this ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

araby wrote: »
    Hi folks I was thinking of heading to Roscrea hopping on to the M7 and then joining the M8 but it seems I can't do this according to aa route planner. Looking at the map this route seems a no brainer, surely it's not possible that such a major intersection has no provision for this ?

You wouldn't touch the m7.

You'd drive under it at roscrea and continue in to templemore then thurles and join the m8 at junction 6 beyond thurles.

I'm not sure that would be quicker than athlone - tullamore- portlaoise- m8 though.

Cut across to Portlaoise. You'd use the M6 for a bit, then N52 and N80, join the M7 and then M8.

Advertisement