Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complete long shot-ski gear

Options
  • 11-05-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hello. As mentioned in my title i am on the hunt for some ski gear. I know it is prob a complete long shot, but is there any places around selling the basics for discounted prices. I am going to New Zealand at the start of June and have just been offered a job in a ski resort for the winter season. It is in the ski cafe, but i will be doing some lessons while there. I am now trying to race around and get a few bits together before i go.
    I have looked in TK Maxx but didn't see much left in there. I am also going to go down to Portwest on my day off as they have a sale on at the moment,but just wondering if i am missing out on any other place. I have looked in the Great Outdoors but they were alot more expensive than Portwest.

I really don't want to spend a fortune on this stuff if at all possible but i do understand that quality normally comes at a price.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Amy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

As a general rule; don't skimp on your ski pants or ski jacket. Everything else, you can get over there.

Unfortunately the ski season has been over since the end of March, so Lidl/Aldi won't be having featured items for a while. If you're not in a massive rush, I'd keep my eyes on some of the stuff in the Great Outdoors. They're not cheap but their quality is good.

Also, have you tried River Deep Mountain High near the Cornstore? (Assuming it's still open of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

selling a ski helment if you want one

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

Thanks guys for the replies. No i haven't tried River deep, will give it a look. I am leaving Ireland on 7th June so don't have much time to play around with!! Last minute as always! :o I am stopping off in Thailand for about 2 weeks on my way over so am conscious as well off the amount of stuff i will be able to fit in my backpack! Ok i will try and not skimp on the trousers and that.

To the chap offering to sell his ski helmet, thanks very much, but i will leave that i think. I know we can rent out the ski gear over there and we get discounted prices for it for the first few times. Its more the clothes side of things that i am worried about. Gonna head into town tomorrow now and see what i can find!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

amy85 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the replies. No i haven't tried River deep, will give it a look. I am leaving Ireland on 7th June so don't have much time to play around with!! Last minute as always! :o I am stopping off in Thailand for about 2 weeks on my way over so am conscious as well off the amount of stuff i will be able to fit in my backpack! Ok i will try and not skimp on the trousers and that.

To the chap offering to sell his ski helmet, thanks very much, but i will leave that i think. I know we can rent out the ski gear over there and we get discounted prices for it for the first few times. Its more the clothes side of things that i am worried about. Gonna head into town tomorrow now and see what i can find!!

Try sportsdirect.com
    Delivery takes about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

They had some ski gear on clearance in TK Maxx recently - might be worth a look

• Advertisement
Advertisement