Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fergie's last home game match thread. Manchester United vs Swansea 12/5/13 Ko 4pm Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Scholes' child looks terrified haha.

Hating the limelight and interviews must run in the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Anyone find it but odd that Neville keeps having a pop at Yorke.

thats just dressing room banter, talking about him being a player. he is more frosty towards schmeichel tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Phil "Ya Know" Jones....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

No my memory is fine. If you are so sure im just recommending you go and make a load from the bookies

Why what's the odds, can't be that good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Scholes' child looks terrified haha.

Hating the limelight and interviews must run in the family.
    Pretty sure that's his son that has autism! Large crowds and loud noises would not be ideal for him!

• Advertisement

Why what's the odds, can't be that good?

i thought you said he wont work under Moyes - what do odds matter ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

people should count to 20 and think before they post, or for Pool fans maybe count to 18 :D

The ones in Europe can just count to 5. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,665 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sad day with Fergie and Scholes retiring :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    He starts Shinji :eek: Today is all about him!

MOTM for Scholes @ 4/1 or Shinji @ 10/1 I'll have some of.

Shinji MOTM :D

One man team >_>

The ones in Europe can just count to 5. :)

thats not enough time thought to stop the retarded comments we get on here

• Advertisement

i thought you said he wont work under Moyes - what do odds matter ;)

You said I'd make a load of money, I don't see how if the odds at the bookies aren't good.

You said I'd make a load of money, I don't see how if the odds at the bookies aren't good.

1/3 on skybet. fill your boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rooney transfer we quest confirmed by Fergie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Fergie being fairly honest about Rooney there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sounds like the place is being wrecked in the background :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I've got to say that interview with Fergie just there where he says he decided to retire after his wife Cathy's sister died has moved me a lot. Very emotional stuff and a very fitting tribute to the dedication and support given to him by his wife over all these years.

As the saying goes, behind every good man..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What did he say? missed it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

I thought John Terry would have been there to pick up the trophy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What did he say? missed it :mad:

Rooney has asked to leave. Unhappy at being used as sub. Utd won't sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Any links to the interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yorke is getting some doing by Gary, hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

BKFVqKHCQAENQRL.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I balled at that skysports finish. Beautiful.

#thankyousiralex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

life long liverpool fan here.

really is a sad day for football. what a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I was in a pub surrounded by my fellow Liverpool fans, and we went silent when his speech started. Respect to the man at the very least if nothing else. ;)

I was in a pub surrounded by my fellow Liverpool fans, and we went silent when his speech started. Respect to the man at the very least if nothing else. ;)

Hard not to respect his achievements tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Saganist wrote: »
    I balled at that skysports finish. Beautiful.

#thankyousiralex

Gutted I missed the close of the show, if anyone finds a link to the footage I'd love to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Sat in a pub in Navan in the end and wow what a day. Manager put the surround sound on for the speech and a huge crowd of us were going mad. Funniest part was two women walking in probably for their Sunday chat, oblivious to what was going on until they were a few yards in and then the look of utter confusion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Ferguson's treatment of Rooney today was disgraceful. Even in his last game at Old Trafford he had to be a bully and the booing of Rooney by quite a large minority of the 70,000 tourists was totally uncalled for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Henlars67 wrote: »
    Ferguson's treatment of Rooney today was disgraceful. Even in his last game at Old Trafford he had to be a bully and the booing of Rooney by quite a large minority of the 70,000 tourists was totally uncalled for.

LOL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

-999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He did put Rooney back in his box today in fairness, he turned a lot of fans against him today by leaving him out. I think he was right in doing what he did myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fergie was 100% right putting him back in his box, he's done in before and hasn't been wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Dude, they we're chanting his name, similar to when Luke Donald gets cheered at a golf tourny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

We know what you are, we know what you are, Henlars67, we know what you are. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Ferguson was 100% right, dealt with this situation perfectly. Rooney's been shown that he's not bigger than the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What happened to the 2 indian (?) Lads that used to sit behind fergie? Some aul fella there now :-)

They were there!

AE301CFED94C4EF3B380B7DD9B1FE56F.ashx?20130512T1439051712&mw=500

From a Liverpool fan Fergie was right. Man Utd are more than Rooney. And I have to say I will miss fergie on the sidelines next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

gaelicred wrote: »
    From a Liverpool fan Fergie was right. Man Utd are more than Rooney. And I have to say I will miss fergie on the sidelines next season

That's just typical of an Irish Liverpool fan. Do you think an actual Liverpool fan would say anything like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Leave it out Henlars. This isn't the thread for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

That's just typical of an Irish Liverpool fan. Do you think an actual Liverpool fan would say anything like that?

I imagine any REAL Irish Liverpool fan would be crying at the barstool at the thought of 26 years of domination to come under Moyes.

I was born in Liverpool and brought up in Ireland. Anybody who dismisses Fergies record at Utd doesn't know football. And i'm NOT the only Liverpool fan who thinks this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I was born in Liverpool and brought up in Ireland. Anybody who dismisses Fergies record at Utd doesn't know football. And i'm NOT the only Liverpool fan who thinks this

I dont think anyone is dismissing what he did but why would you miss him, I'm delighted he is gone.

Most proper Liverpool fans look at Everton as being their main rivals. The United thing only exists because Man City were so poor for so long and United needed to invent a rival so Liverpool became their derby game. If you're a Liverpool fan in Liverpool right now Everton finishing higher is worse than United winning the league.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I dont think anyone is dismissing what he did but why would you miss him, I'm delighted he is gone.

I'm glad he is gone to but he was comedy gold on the sidelines. Especially handing Howard Webb the brown envelopes

niallo27 wrote: »

He was an entertaining character, no matter who you support football will be less interesting next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Fair play to the United fans( im not). They gave him a proper and fitting send off.

Fair play to the United fans( im not). They gave him a proper and fitting send off.

So they should he was the best manager they ever had

1/3 on skybet. fill your boots

Nobody's ever got rich off those odds.

Out of interest, why are you so sure that Rooney is staying?

I'm glad he is gone to but he was comedy gold on the sidelines. Especially handing Howard Webb the brown envelopes

you compliment and then go and start posting ****e. what you said before is pretty much bs now. sad really
    Nobody's ever got rich off those odds.

Out of interest, why are you so sure that Rooney is staying?

im not and never said he is. you just made a statement that he cant work with moyes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement