Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Z-Day Loadout and Companion

• 11-05-2013 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to start a fun little thread. You can have 2 weapons and a bag.In the bag you can carry five things,a basic first aid kit is already covered (None of the items in the bag can be used as a weapon).

The question is,what would your weapons be? they can be ready made or improvised but they must be things you can easily obtain or already have.

Next,what would you wear?

and the last question would be,who would you have as your partner? Mam? Dad? possibly a dog?

Here's mine.
    My ideal weapon of choice would be a fire axe because not only is it a deadly weapon but it would also be a great utility,for example felling a tree for fire wood or breaking through a jammed door.

My second weapon would be a Hunting slingshot or "gat" as they are commonly known,i would use this because it would give me a weapon that has an abundance of ammo (Rocks,ball bearings or even screws). Its also silent and packs a deadly punch if used correctly.

My bag would contain a life straw (filter water of any bacteria ect) its capable of filtering up to 1000 liters of water before a filter change.Next i would have a hand cranked flashlight for those dark nights.
    next up would be flint so lighting a fire would be easy enough.
    I think i would also want a steel canteen for carrying my water.
    and last but not least a good sleeping bag for those cold nights.

I would be wearing military surplus clothing (Possibly multicam)
    and i would have homemade leather armor over that too (Very difficult to bite through and it would be very light)
    A good pair of hiking boots would also be needed for me as i wouldnt plan on staying in one place for too long. and last but not least i would have some goggles on (its bound to get messy :rolleyes: )

As for a companion i would have my cousin.He has always been like a brother to me and he has a gun license :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

weapons:
    spade & hatchet

in bag
    food: water bottle with cup attachment +extra large box magi noodles and some small spices and sauces
    fire kit : (pencilcase containing zippo+fuel, vaseline, tinder, fire steel)
    trade items : 2-3kg tobacco + packets of papers, possibly also grab a few naggins of vodka
    clothing :large towel, chance of clothes, extra socks
    tech : android tablet with solar charger

wearing
    wide brimmed hat
    long wax jacket
    tshirt, wollen shirt and hoodie
    cargopants, (not army surplus combats, the nicer waterproof ones)
    my favourite boots

in pockets
    Swiss army knife
    few bars of soap
    packet condoms
    compass
    parker pen
    notepad
    watch
    hunting tin( has fishooks, snares, lures,paracord and fishing line)

lone wolf - ready to rock

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Weapons:
    Titanium crow bar and if I could get one a katana

In bag:
    Food: Dried food, water in a steel bottle to double up as a cooking vessel, Wind up torch
    Fire: A permanent match, extra lighter fuel and tampons
    A bivy bag
    Change of clothing and small supply of sanitary items.

Wearing
    My well worn in hiking boots, gaiters insulating hiking socks and liners
    Well made breathable base layers
    Long sleeve t shirt, light fleece Light weight waterproof utility coat
    non baggy cargo pants
    Underwear
    Gloves.

Pockets
    Basically tzar chasms pocket items - the hunting tin and + a bar of high cal chocolate.

Campanion: Undecided

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donny G

Weapons:
    Samurai Sword
    M16 Assault rifle
    (for a mixture of both stealth and all-out attack)

In Bag:
    Pop-up tent
    Food
    Water
    Change of clothes

Clothing:
    Black tactical vest
    Camo trousers
    Black militray boots

In Pockets:
    Lighter
    Fire lighters