Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 38 Transfers.

• 11-05-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭

Well Ladies/Gentlemen, it's come down to this,the last gamesweek of the season!
    I for one have really enjoyed the discussion and banter here during the year, will miss the Fantasy,August won't be long coming around again though!
    Wish ye all the best in your private leagues and enjoy your Summer away from here. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i'm going to do Fellaini to Coutinho. Although the romantic in me is considering a -4 to bring in Carra for Hill. 'Pool fan but i've never had him in my team and the old boy is retiring :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonna see how city shape up Tuesday night first. Need an attacking option from them.
    And Liverpool.
    Another 4 pt hit on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im thinking of bringing in andy carroll at home to reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Im thinking of bringing in andy carroll at home to reading.

Not a bad move, gas to see Reading play out of their skin last day when they were already relegated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I have four players definitely out, and another four which could all realistically be dropped. A points hit is unavoidable.

Hazard - OUT
    Benteke - OUT
    Harte - RESTED
    Federici - RESTED
    Mata - Could be rested
    Hart - Could be rested
    Zabaleta - Could be rested
    Tevez - Could be rested

And this is before the rest of the games have been played! Cue Vertonghen + Bale clash injuring both...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

roryc wrote: »
    I have four players definitely out, and another four which could all realistically be dropped. A points hit is unavoidable.

Hazard - OUT
    Benteke - OUT
    Harte - RESTED
    Federici - RESTED
    Mata - Could be rested
    Hart - Could be rested
    Zabaleta - Could be rested
    Tevez - Could be rested

And this is before the rest of the games have been played! Cue Vertonghen + Bale clash injuring both...

That's the price for stocking up on DGW players, have Zabaleta,Luiz,Turner and Oscar doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Invincible wrote: »
    That's the price for stocking up on DGW players, have Zabaleta,Luiz,Turner and Oscar doubtful.

I did say I thought it would come back to bite a few in the @rse.

Probably Kone to Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I have just received word from "sources" that Mickey Turner will be dropping in price tonight. Considering his lengthy absence and the fact that Norwich will face a Manchester City side on the rebound next week it would be an uphill task even if he were to play. It is believed that his price will drop from 4.2 to 4.1 which will come as a blow to those who have put their unwavering faith in him.

Mr.Prodston, Chief Mickey Turner Correspondent, Fantasy Sports Arena, Boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

I will be transferring in carragher and putting him captain.....settled position in cash and private leagues cant see any argumnet against!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Invincible wrote: »

Hardly, the only extra players I brought in were Hart and Hazard, and both Harte and Federici have lost their places. I think with a 4 point hit I should be ok though, my main worry is Hart.

roryc wrote: »
    Hardly, the only extra players I brought in were Hart and Hazard, and both Harte and Federici have lost their places. I think with a 4 point hit I should be ok though, my main worry is Hart.

You brought in Mata right before the DGW as well. And didn't you bring in Tevez for Suarez at some point?

I think what Invincible means is that people with 5 or 6 City/Chelsea players could be in trouble with rotation, particularly if they have players like Benteke or Turner too.

I'd agree. You wouldn't know what team Benitez or Mancini will put out. It could well work out but I'm happy to just have one Chelsea and one City player going into the final gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Lemlin wrote: »
    You brought in Mata right before the DGW as well. And didn't you bring in Tevez for Suarez at some point?

I think what Invincible means is that people with 5 or 6 City/Chelsea players could be in trouble with rotation, particularly if they have players like Benteke or Turner too.

I'd agree. You wouldn't know what team Benitez or Mancini will put out. It could well work out but I'm happy to just have one Chelsea and one City player going into the final gameweek.

I am glad I didn't stock up on them either. Better buying players who are guaranteed minutes

carrig2 wrote: »
    I am glad I didn't stock up on them either. Better buying players who are guaranteed minutes

It's a very boring end to the year. So many teams with nothing to play for.

Wigan will lose to Arsenal Tuesday night I reckon so Arsenal and Spurs could be the only teams actually bothered what happens on the final day.

It could throw up some crazy scores. I remember a few years back when Reading Blackburn ended 5-3 or 5-2 and there were some other crazy scores on the final day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wigan will lose to Arsenal Tuesday night I reckon so Arsenal and Spurs could be the only teams actually bothered what happens on the final day.

It could throw up some crazy scores. I remember a few years back when Reading Blackburn ended 5-3 or 5-2 and there were some other crazy scores on the final day.

Wigan won't be a walkover. They'll be on a high from yesterday and they need a result from the Arsenal game. Can see it being a tight affair

manual_man wrote: »
    Wigan won't be a walkover. They'll be on a high from yesterday and they need a result from the Arsenal game. Can see it being a tight affair

Depends which Wigan turn up though. They're a Jackyll and Hyde team as the last week has perfectly shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

I find it disgraceful that professional players who are earning the money they earn and who are given such adulation and respect of hundreds of thousands could go out and show such a blatant disregard for our fantasy football teams..... Shocking, just shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Sturridge for Lukaku this week, might take a hit and bring in a liverpool defender as well

Bigtoe107 wrote: »
    Sturridge for Lukaku this week, might take a hit and bring in a liverpool defender as well

Just be careful who you bring in. Rodgers has mentioned rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Just be careful who you bring in. Rodgers has mentioned rotation.

Thinking Carragher as it's his last game I would imagine he is immune to rotation, well that's the hope anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

lambert > sturridge

carrig2 wrote: »

Hazard and mata are pretty much guaranteed starters. Hazard has started 10 of the last 12 (injured once and rested in preparation for the cup match v utd which was 2 days after a league game) Mata has started 10 of the last 11 ( missed one game through illness) The problem was city players not chelsea players.

Hazard and mata are pretty much guaranteed starters. Hazard has started 10 of the last 12 (injured once and rested in preparation for the cup match v utd which was 2 days after a league game) Mata has started 10 of the last 11 ( missed one game through illness) The problem was city players not chelsea players.

Hazard is injured it appears though and if Mata starts, it'll be his 5th game in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Not sure who to replace Benteke with. Some of the options for me:(already have Tevez, Sturridge & 8.5m to spend).

Carroll....home to Reading. Should play 90 mins, weak defence.
    Hernandez....scored today. Rooney looks gone now so should play at WBA.
    Berbatov.....away to Swansea. Havent got him in once this year.
    Kone....dont think so
    Lukaku.....dont think so
    Agbohlahor.....couple of great weeks for him. Was dangerous v Chelsea too.

Slim pickings....thinking Carroll.

Hazard is injured it appears though and if Mata starts, it'll be his 5th game in 2 weeks.

The argument was about bringing in these players for the dgw and bar hazards injury they both would have played twice. I had both from gw 33 decent returns from both between gw 33 and 37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sturridge in for Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    Santi101 wrote: »
    Not sure who to replace Benteke with. Some of the options for me:(already have Tevez, Sturridge & 8.5m to spend).

Carroll....home to Reading. Should play 90 mins, weak defence.
    Hernandez....scored today. Rooney looks gone now so should play at WBA.
    Berbatov.....away to Swansea. Havent got him in once this year.
    Kone....dont think so
    Lukaku.....dont think so
    Agbohlahor.....couple of great weeks for him. Was dangerous v Chelsea too.

Slim pickings....thinking Carroll.

Wait and see what Wigan do on Tuesday, if they're still in with a shout Kone could well be the way to go, who knows how Gabby will do without Tekers bu he'd be another option alright. Don't rush anything is all I'll say

The argument was about bringing in these players for the dgw and bar hazards injury they both would have played twice. I had both from gw 33 decent returns from both between gw 33 and 37.

Nope, the debate was about people now getting caught short because they loaded up on DGW players from the same teams. It was nothing to do with how those players performed.

I always said my reason for not overloading on City/Chelsea players was this potential situation arising.

Nope, the debate was about people now getting caught short because they loaded up on DGW players from the same teams. It was nothing to do with how those players performed.

I always said my reason for not overloading on City/Chelsea players was this potential situation arising.

there hasnt been an issue with the chelsea players yet though and we have a transfer next week to fix it. City was a different story altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Going to wait until late sat morning before making my transfers this week. Should have done the same last week, michu taught me a harsh lesson

Advertisement