Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 38 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 krodman

I'm liking carragher at the moment, but is he worth taking a 4pt hit?

Crouchy as my wild card, go big or go home. Stoke and southampton will be a high scoring game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

krodman wrote: »
    I'm liking carragher at the moment, but is he worth taking a 4pt hit?

Crouchy as my wild card, go big or go home. Stoke and southampton will be a high scoring game!

Dont think carragher is worth a 4 pt hit as you only have 1 week to make the 4 pts back. Most likely outcome is 6 pts and you will probably break even.
    Stoke and high scoring game Im not sure its ever happened:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What do we think about Frankie Lampard this week? Or is it time to make the change to Coutinho for one week only. My main priority is shifting Lukaku for somebody. 7.2 to play with by replacing Lukaku or doing Lamps to Couts would give me 8.6. Not looking at Sturridge as everyone else will be bringing him in.

This Carroll talk intrigues me but I'm not sure. I'm going to keep the faith in Kone and Maloney anyway to go down in style against Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Carragher is not worth a 4 point hit.

you'd be getting extremely lucky if that worked out, as Liverpool would have to get a penalty for it to be really worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

What do we think about Frankie Lampard this week? Or is it time to make the change to Coutinho for one week only. My main priority is shifting Lukaku for somebody. 7.2 to play with by replacing Lukaku or doing Lamps to Couts would give me 8.6. Not looking at Sturridge as everyone else will be bringing him in.

This Carroll talk intrigues me but I'm not sure. I'm going to keep the faith in Kone and Maloney anyway to go down in style against Villa.

What about a 1 week punt on Hernandez for Lukaku. He's only 6.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What about a 1 week punt on Hernandez for Lukaku. He's only 6.5

I have RVP already, would very much have a good look otherwise. He looked sharp against Swansea but I'd be worried over whether he'd start again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

SlickRic wrote: »
    Carragher is not worth a 4 point hit.

you'd be getting extremely lucky if that worked out, as Liverpool would have to get a penalty for it to be really worth it.

He'd probably miss it anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Benteke out big andy in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lambert gone orange :(:(:( had thought earlier in week about selling him for Sturridge but decided to stick with him.....now Sturridge is too dear :( he better play !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Tevez to sturridge or mata/ santi to coutinho???? Don't know what to do, cannot afford lukaka to sturridge unfortunately. Don't like not having any liverpool attackers but tevez / mata / santi could score big as well, leaning towards santi out at the moment as also have walcott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Any word on Hazard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Santi101 wrote: »
    Any word on Hazard?

Would I be right to say he will either start or not play at all? I have both him and Mata, and if neither play then I need every other player to start as I've Harte on the bench so essentially have two subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

That's possible. I have Benteke too so bit of an issue there. If Hazard is doubtful I might just sell him for a midfielder and bench Benteke. 3-5-2.

Struggling to see many stand-out striker options for this week to replace Benteke....have Tevez, Sturridge. Cant afford Aguero. Carroll's a choice but I wouldnt be confident about him doing much and I think he's overpriced...although probably irrelevant for a final gameweek.

Sir Alex confirms Anders Lindegaard will be in goal for Sunday's game v West Brom #mufc

That's a bit of a nightmare .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

after last week's hours spent on deciding transfers i haven't given it any thought this week and barely been on this forum, just going to stick with my instinct and do anichebe to sturridge as planned.

leaves a bit of a dilemma as to who to bench but again my instinct was maloney and i'm sticking to that, not spending another weekend second guessing myself, i might get it wrong but if i do then so be it, i won't have wasted 5 or 6 hours trawling through ff scout/bbc team news etc.

Bale as captian. some very tempting choices but again just sticking with instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I've gone with Benteke to Sturridge.

I'm worried about Hart not starting for City which would leave me with no keeper at all. And I really can't afford a hit. I'm 15 points off in my big league and the leader has taken a -4 hit. So I've gained 4 already. But if Hart doesn't start it may be curtains.

I have a decision to make on who to start now. I still have two Wigan players (Maloney & Kone). I think Wigan will want to go out on a high and could have fun with Villa's "defense". I also have Demel who could be in clean sheet territory at home to Reading. At the moment I have Demel and Maloney in with Kone as first sub. Is that the safest option?

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Sir Alex confirms Anders Lindegaard will be in goal for Sunday's game v West Brom #mufc

jones and evans confirmed starters too.

Ah Christ :( I may play lukaku now . And probably have to sign a keeper leaving no pool or city attackers

John83 wrote: »
    I've gone with Benteke to Sturridge.

I'm worried about Hart not starting for City which would leave me with no keeper at all. And I really can't afford a hit. I'm 15 points off in my big league and the leader has taken a -4 hit. So I've gained 4 already. But if Hart doesn't start it may be curtains.

I have a decision to make on who to start now. I still have two Wigan players (Maloney & Kone). I think Wigan will want to go out on a high and could have fun with Villa's "defense". I also have Demel who could be in clean sheet territory at home to Reading. At the moment I have Demel and Maloney in with Kone as first sub. Is that the safest option?

i'd bench, demel, reading scored 4 against fulham away the other week. more likely to get points from attacking players.

having said that, i did bench maloney myself. starting walcott/bale/mata/coutinho - sturridge/rvp/tevez ahead of him.

maloney could do well but couldn't bring myself to bench any of the rest, even though mata or tevez might just be 1 pointers, if they do start they have potential to hit 8+

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i'd bench, demel, reading scored 4 against fulham away the other week. more likely to get points from attacking players.

having said that, i did bench maloney myself. starting walcott/bale/mata/coutinho - sturridge/rvp/tevez ahead of him.

maloney could do well but couldn't bring myself to bench any of the rest, even though mata or tevez might just be 1 pointers, if they do start they have potential to hit 8+

Good point on Reading clocking up the goals. I'll bench him then and play both Wigan attackers. Hope that Villa defense is already on holidays and creakier than usual.

• Advertisement

jones and evans confirmed starters too.

Jones was always guaranteed to play with Rafael suspended & Smalling injured .

Not sure whether its worth a hit to bring in another keeper for De Gea or Bunn they probably won't keep a clean sheet .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Considering Mirallis to Sturridge,Liverpool at home to QPR who don't care is preferable to Everton's trip to Chelsea.I already have Coutihno & 1.1 in the bank.

Sturridge in would give me a front 3 of himself,RVP & Tevez.

Jones was always guaranteed to play with Rafael suspended & Smalling injured .

Not sure whether its worth a hit to bring in another keeper for De Gea or Bunn they probably won't keep a clean sheet .

Any hope of Bunn starting :( not that he will get many points !
    Thinking Reina or lloris . Leaves me stuck with Lukaku and Felliani now though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone have any idea on the story with Nasri? Its between him or Fellaini for the bench...or a 4 pt hit for the likes of Coutinho. Money league is neck and neck so a points hit could hurt!

km79 wrote: »
    Any hope of Bunn starting :( not that he will get many points !
    Thinking Reina or lloris . Leaves me stuck with Lukaku and Felliani now though :(

is reina guaranteed a start though? i know a few liverpool fans post here so they'll be of more help but rodgers said last week he'd play some sqaud players over the last 2 matches, i wonder if Jones will be one of those. Might learn a bit more from their press conference.

is reina guaranteed a start though? i know a few liverpool fans post here so they'll be of more help but rodgers said last week he'd play some sqaud players over the last 2 matches, i wonder if Jones will be one of those. Might learn a bit more from their press conference.

True. Lloris is safer I suppose. I may just go for cheaper option tho ...... I have my reasons for that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Typical! The one week where I would gladly bank my transfer, I'm already having trouble picking my team and I can't see value in taking a hit this week, weak in goalkeeper position(Robles and Turnbull) but can only afford a 4.4m goalie.

I have Sagna, Verthongen, Dawson, Enrique and Davies
    Mata, Lampard, Bale, Maloney and Walcott
    Tevez, Berbatov and Sturridge.

Any ideas? only .4m in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I really wouldn't be that considered about possibly not having a Goalkeeper. Long-term it would be an issue, but with one match left I can live without the more than likely 2 point haul they'll bring in. I have Hart and Bunn. I fully expect Hart to play, but if he doesn't it's no big deal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Who to bench - Mata or Maloney ?? have a feeling Mata may be benched on Sunday but then again Chelsea need a result to secure 3rd :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Coutinho for Marveaux,
    Aguero for Van Persie
    or Carragher for Harte?

Advertisement