Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 38 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

John83 wrote: »
    I've gone with Benteke to Sturridge.

I'm worried about Hart not starting for City which would leave me with no keeper at all.

Hart has started every game this season and according to some posts Pantilimon has fallen out of favour with the club so no reason to play him. I have Hart and no sub keeper and unless he is guaranteed not to play I'll be holding on to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

hupskip wrote: »
    Coutinho for Marveaux,
    Aguero for Van Persie
    or Carragher for Harte?

coutinho for me, could run riot against the worst premier league side of recent years.

aguero could do well but so could RVP

carragher really only likely to get 6 unless liverpool get a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Hogey007 wrote: »
    coutinho for me, could run riot against the worst premier league side of recent years.

aguero could do well but so could RVP

carragher really only likely to get 6 unless liverpool get a penalty.

Cheers for that, I have Silva and Zab so that will be my City cover.

Carragher love here is hilarious. He's destined for a 2 pointer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Uugh. I have Bunn and DDG. Really wanted to do something more exciting for the last gameweek than a goalkeeper transfer!

But I think I'll get Reina in for DDG. I know Spurs and Arsenal are the 2 teams with something to play for, but I already have Dawson and Mert, and they are hardly reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Along with the story I broke over in the General Fantasy Football thread about Mickey Turner being Norwich's Players' Player of the Year I can now confirm that he will indeed miss the final game of the season. Chris Hughton had this to say:
    Michael Turner won't make the final game. What's important now is that he has a good summer

While it is a blow to all of us who kept the faith I am sure that most of us here do indeed hope he has a good summer and will be rearing to go come August. From all of us here at the Mickey Turner Appreciation Society it is farewell for this season.

Mr.Prodston, Chief Mickey Turner Correspondent, Fantasy Sports Arena, Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »

Ye for a pts hit its crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

All the talk of "if" Liverpool get a peno too. If Liverpool get a peno and Carragher steps up I'd expect a Charlie Adam League Cup style result, I think they're still looking for that ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is Vorm definitely out for Swansea ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

All the talk of "if" Liverpool get a peno too. If Liverpool get a peno and Carragher steps up I'd expect a Charlie Adam League Cup style result, I think they're still looking for that ball!

Although I don't expect them to get a penalty, Carra is actually not a bad penalty taker! He scored the winner in a shootout in the 2001 League Cup final. Stuck it top corner too :cool:

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Although I don't expect them to get a penalty, Carra is actually not a bad penalty taker! He scored the winner in a shootout in the 2001 League Cup final. Stuck it top corner too :cool:
    took one for england in world cup 06 peno shootout and scored it was ordered to be retaken and then he missed. He obviously is quite a good peno taker as they brought him on with 2 mins to go to specifically take a peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've always believed that Carragher style players(no nonsense, prob wouldn't lose any sleep about missing one in the world cup final) are ideal penalty takers, after all how can you be a professional footballer if you can't pick a spot and come within a foot of it from 12 yards, it's only overcomplicating it that causes problems surely. I've taken loads myself and noticed the difference in my thinking depending on the situation.

Wrong forum again I know:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liverpool 11/10 to keep QPR scoreless,they've haven't scored in 455 mins of football and their last goal was a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I've narrowed my options down about who to bring in, need either a mid or striker:

Coutinho (QPR home)
    Silva (Norwich home)
    Michu (Fulham home)

Carroll (Reading home)

Kinda thinking I might be boring and go with Michu. Fulham seem to be on their holidays and not great on the road. Swansea played very well at United, last home game.

I dont like Silva personally...too shot shy for his price IMO. Really like Coutinho. Carroll is hit and miss.

zerks wrote: »
    Liverpool 11/10 to keep QPR scoreless,they've haven't scored in 455 mins of football and their last goal was a penalty.

Still think they concede and he gets 2 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

QPR scored in their last game, Liverpool have been solid at the back of late fair enough but taking a 4 point hit to get in one of their defenders seems ridiculous'

QPR scored in their last game, Liverpool have been solid at the back of late fair enough but taking a 4 point hit to get in one of their defenders seems ridiculous'

4 point hits for defenders are last gasp actions,I only take them for strikers or attacking midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Benimar wrote: »

Fair-balls to him. I didn't know that, I never imagined him to be a great finisher!

This humble pie tastes terrible btw!

I've got a feeling Gabby could be a good shout as a cheaper differential. Bentekkers is out, Wigan must be pretty deflated, and their defence is a mess anyway.

The time to get in carragher was 12 weeks ago when u were all getting in samba. Sorry couldnt resist :pac:

• Advertisement

The time to get in carragher was 12 weeks ago when u were all getting in samba. Sorry couldnt resist :pac:

Heeeeey :eek: I had Samba for 2 whole weeks and he got me a clean sheet. Would have been madness to keep him any longer though :pac:

*Joins Iused2likebusts in legging it quickly out the door*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

No Bunn or De Gea. Might as well go with Sczesny. 8 point hit taken but I regretted not taking a hit last week.

Lamps and Coutinho were the 2 players I had in mind for a hit and both scored well.

Newcastle are toothless and Arsenal a team with something to play for.

Hazard is confirmed as out for Sunday by Rafa.

Leon Osman looks like he's out so it'll be a deep role for Fellaini.

Looks like my mind is being made up for me transfer wise,think I may forget about the Sturridge transfer & work on my midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Damn it why didn't I wait till late in the week to make a transfer, now I need to get rid of De Gea (Sub federici) for a 4 point hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Need to choose 3 of RVP, Cazorla, Michu, Tevez???
    Thanks.

Lemlin wrote: »
    No Bunn or De Gea. Might as well go with Sczesny. 8 point hit taken but I regretted not taking a hit last week.

Lamps and Coutinho were the 2 players I had in mind for a hit and both scored well.

Newcastle are toothless and Arsenal a team with something to play for.

I had Bunn and DDG. Went for Reina.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

Any opinions on playing both Mata & Lampard lads ? Have both but am thinking of swapping one for Michu...

We have til SUNDAY at 11:30 just incase people had forgotten. An extra day before we commit to out last roll of the dice this season. I'll wait until tomorrow anyway maybe Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Any opinions on playing both Mata & Lampard lads ? Have both but am thinking of swapping one for Michu...

Moyes last game and tired Chelsea, I predict an Everton clean sheet.

• Advertisement

Having said I'd wait until Sunday I've started playing around with my team :pac:

Here's my front 8:
    Bale-Lampard-Walcott-Maloney (Townsend)
    RVP-Kone-Lukaku
    My thoughts are that Coutinho needs to come in so I can either:
    Sell Townsend and downgrade Lukaku to Anichebe
    OR sell Lampard (Will he start?) and bring in a better striker or stick with Lukaku? I have no problem taking a 4 point hit if I can find a good return on a striker.

Advertisement