Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 38 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Is it worth a 4 point hit to get Walcott in for Mata? I will have no goalie though cos I have both DDG and Bunn. Not too bothered about that though because any keeper brought in is going to have to keep a clean sheet to justify the hit. Walcott on the other hand could easily cover the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any opinions on playing both Mata & Lampard lads ? Have both but am thinking of swapping one for Michu...

Im playing them both and expect atleast 12 pts between the two of them.

G1032 wrote: »
    Is it worth a 4 point hit to get Walcott in for Mata? I will have no goalie though cos I have both DDG and Bunn. Not too bothered about that though because any keeper brought in is going to have to keep a clean sheet to justify the hit. Walcott on the other hand could easily cover the hit.

Id only do it if you plan on making walcott capt. Mata could easily outscore walcott.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Advice greatly appreciated! 14 pts off the money in my league have 4 subs that will not play, so dependent on my starting 11. My problem is I have DDG & Hazard in my starting 11, was planning hazard to michu but unsure if I should take a 4 pt hit for a keeper! Is it worth the risk, it's all or nothing ATM so a clean sheet will give me +2 a goal conceded will give me -2. What would you do??

Was thinking reina for DDG if I do change!

My team would be
    Reina
    Dawson Distin Azilicueota
    Bale carzola Michu Lennon
    BA RVP Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

ABEasy wrote: »
    Advice greatly appreciated! 14 pts off the money in my league have 4 subs that will not play, so dependent on my starting 11. My problem is I have DDG & Hazard in my starting 11, was planning hazard to michu but unsure if I should take a 4 pt hit for a keeper! Is it worth the risk, it's all or nothing ATM so a clean sheet will give me +2 a goal conceded will give me -2. What would you do??

Was thinking reina for DDG if I do change!

My team would be
    Reina
    Dawson Distin Azilicueota
    Bale carzola Michu Lennon
    BA RVP Sturridge

General consensus from reading on here is never to take a points hit for a gk. BR may even give Jones a run for the last game imo. Without seeing your opponents team I'd say worthwhile punts may be Moses, Coutinho, Lallana, Silva or maybe Kagawa. DDG has as good a chance of playing as Reina imo. Captain choice might even swing it for you, good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I had Bunn and DDG. Went for Reina.

I'd be worried about Jones getting a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lemlin wrote: »

You called Enrique last week to be fair. I might just pop down to the bookies now.

Whoever comes in would realistically want a clean sheet and a penalty save. If it wasn't GW38 it'd be a different story, I brought Hart in at a hit 3GW's ago and worked out rather well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭redarmy

hey guys anyone know can Zabaleta play sunday??

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

redarmy wrote: »

Yes, his one game suspension is served.

redarmy wrote: »

Yes, was banned for one game and that was Reading last Tuesday so he is available and should most likely play considering there's no Mancini to worry about.

• Advertisement

You called Enrique last week to be fair. I might just pop down to the bookies now.

Whoever comes in would realistically want a clean sheet and a penalty save. If it wasn't GW38 it'd be a different story, I brought Hart in at a hit 3GW's ago and worked out rather well :)

Like SlickRic said above, bar Arsenal, Spurs and possibly Chelsea, line ups are going to be impossible to predict.

I also reckon we could see some crazy high scoring games.

Anything could happen in the game this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Id only do it if you plan on making walcott capt. Mata could easily outscore walcott.

You're probably right. I already have Santi so I'll leave my Arsenal attacking cover at that.
    Starting seven for tomorrow will be Santi, Bale, Mata, Coutinho, Sturridge, Aguero and RVP. Injury doubt over Aguero it seems. Tight hamstring? Might have to take a hit to get rid of him tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I've Bunn & DDG,

Thinking points hit to do

DDG to Szczesny

Kone to Sturridge

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dempsey wrote: »
    I've Bunn & DDG,

Thinking points hit to do

DDG to Szczesny

Kone to Sturridge

Thoughts?

I wouldn't take a points hit for a keeper. Best possible outcome is +2 or 3 points. One Newcastle goal and you are looking at a negative return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Reina will start lads.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Reina will start lads.

I'm not so sure myself. Do you have any specific reason for your confidence that he will?

I'm not so sure myself. Do you have any specific reason for your confidence that he will?

Because there is zero reason Jones should start.

This 'oh it's the last game of the season let's start the reserves' is bollox. Especially at Anfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

1 free transfer this week - go boring and replace DDG or Bunn or go for broke and sign pigs head for Stoke, he could really benefit from their style of play, not sure he has the legs though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

Great news about Aguero's injury for us Tevez owners, hopefully he will get the full 90 and actually score.

Only the one transfer for me this week, Benteke out, Sturridge in. Will be going 3-5-2 as Lukaku has done nothing in recent weeks to suggest he will do something against the champions tomorrow. He has been a disaster for me!

Theo is again my captain. He looked really sharp against Wigan the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Benimar wrote: »
    I wouldn't take a points hit for a keeper. Best possible outcome is +2 or 3 points. One Newcastle goal and you are looking at a negative return.

Cant afford Sturridge otherwise:(

• Advertisement

Because there is zero reason Jones should start.

This 'oh it's the last game of the season let's start the reserves' is bollox. Especially at Anfield.

Liverpool can't move in the table no matter what the result.

Rodgers has openly said he will rotate the team in the last couple of games. He played Wisdom for example last week.

SAF has already said that Rio, Vidic and De Gea won't play so other teams are openly planning to rest players.

You could be right and Reina could play but, having taken a point hit to get a playing 'keeper in, I wasn't taking a chance on one from a team with nothing to play for whose manager has openly said he will rotate.

As well as that, Jones played a few games earlier in the season so it wouldn't surprise me to see Rodgers give him a run in respect of that.

Reina will start lads.

100% agree with this.For one there is no reason why reina wouldnt start and more importantly jones the alternative is probably the worst goalkeeper in europe.

Liverpool can't move in the table no matter what the result.

Rodgers has openly said he will rotate the team in the last couple of games. He played Wisdom for example last week.

SAF has already said that Rio, Vidic and De Gea won't play so other teams are openly planning to rest players.

You could be right and Reina could play but, having taken a point hit to get a playing 'keeper in, I wasn't taking a chance on one from a team with nothing to play for whose manager has openly said he will rotate.

As well as that, Jones played a few games earlier in the season so it wouldn't surprise me to see Rodgers give him a run in respect of that.

Firstly SAF has zero to do with LFC...

Secondly, Skrtel was injured last week, so Rodgers decided to play 3 at the back, hence Wisdom starting.

Thirdly, Reina will start :D

100% agree with this.For one there is no reason why reina wouldnt start and more importantly jones the alternative is probably the worst goalkeeper in europe.

Was he not playing ahead of Reina for a while earlier this year or was that purely because Reina was injured?

Firstly SAF has zero to do with LFC...

Secondly, Skrtel was injured last week, so Rodgers decided to play 3 at the back, hence Wisdom starting.

Thirdly, Reina will start :D

Enrique could have played as one of the three though could he not?

Enrique could have played as one of the three though could he not?

Nope.

Was he not playing ahead of Reina for a while earlier this year or was that purely because Reina was injured?

Reina was carrying an injury for a few weeks. Jones is one of those lucky reserve keepers that will have a 15 yr career earn millions and play about 20 games in his career.He was sent on loan to shels years ago and didnt play too much their either. Im not advocatong a points hitfor reina but would be shocked if he didnt start and apart from hart is the best keeper to have this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Great news about Aguero's injury for us Tevez owners, hopefully he will get the full 90 and actually score.

Is Aguero definitely out tomorrow? Iv already changed 2 of my strikers this week, may have to make it 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ugh. Hopefully not. But based on how my recent transfers worked out, Reina will probably be rested!!

• Advertisement

If money was an issue and people are looking for a keeper they could do worse than Tremmell for Swansea. Fulham have been dire and that game could easily be goalless unless the Berb does something. He's 4.1 as far as I'm aware......unless Vorm is coming back?

Advertisement