Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 38 Transfers.

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I have 1.6m to spend and I already love my team, but is there anything obvious I should be switching out ?

teamfinalweek.jpg

thoughts and stuff appreciated :)

thinking kone to sturridge maybe - but i dunno. Kone could blitz villa now that villa are safe and wigan could look to go out on a high :)

maybe ship tevez for someone ?

i'd be worried with 3 non-starters on your bench and Enrique(rumoured) not to be playing. So i'd get in another defender - maybe Clichy for Micky T?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Bit of a dilemma this morning. I've the team below, without any points hits, but with Hazard confirmed out I'm not sure whether bringing in Santi at a 4 point hit is worth it. I'm not even sure who I would replace in my starting 11, possibly Sagna. I'm confident of everyone starting bar Mata, and if he's out then Lukaku will come in which I don't mind, he could score against a weakened United.

b8o194.png

Captain choice will go down to a last minute toss of a three sided coin - Bale, Walcott or Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'd stick. Santi tends to score in big hauls then go quiet. There is no guarantee he would outscore Sagna by 4+ points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Trying to decide on

Felliani > Coutinho -This would mean Coutinho coming into my starting XI and Kone dropping to my bench

or

Manolev > Clyne - This would mean Clyne coming into the starting XI and Distin dropping to bench. It would also mean I'd have 2 playing players (Felliani and Distin) on the bench in case of last day rotation and unusual team selections

Both Coutinho and Clyne have good fixtures, as does Kone if I end up benching him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Running out of time here guys, I've only a few minutes, the Liverpool teamsheet that was put up without Enrique, is this from a reliable source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Does everyone think that Tevez will start today. I have to get in sturridge but unsure whether to get rid of tevez or rvp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

Does everyone think that Tevez will start today. I have to get in sturridge but unsure whether to get rid of tevez or rvp?
    Get rid of Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

roryc wrote: »
    Bit of a dilemma this morning. I've the team below, without any points hits, but with Hazard confirmed out I'm not sure whether bringing in Santi at a 4 point hit is worth it. I'm not even sure who I would replace in my starting 11, possibly Sagna. I'm confident of everyone starting bar Mata, and if he's out then Lukaku will come in which I don't mind, he could score against a weakened United.

Captain choice will go down to a last minute toss of a three sided coin - Bale, Walcott or Sturridge.

last week of the season, take a chance! i think newcastle will score meaning sagna will get 2, (6 at best if they do keep a cs) but it looks like a game that has goals in it, santi could very well be involved.

You've been saying that you have cursed playing it safe and not going with your instinct so go for santi. could well be that both he and sagna get a 2 and it's cost you 4 points but i think the worst you can lose is 4, whereas, you could gain a lot more against a pretty dire defence with nothing to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Had two, and a bit of free cash after transfers for the DGW.

Podolski for Defoe
    Sturridge for Kone

Huge waste that DGW was, thankfully was able to get Sturridge back in after his performance last week, and has been given the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i think coutinho would be a good addition but not at the expense of lampard, i presume you're happy with your other 3 midfielders? (and can't afford a straight swap for townsend)

do you have sturridge already yeah?

maybe lukaku to carroll?? can you afford that without a hit?

I can only afford somebody 7.2 in a straight swap with Lukaku plus everyone has Sturridge and if I was bringing him in I'd have done it 2 weeks ago...why oh why didn't I bring him in then. Everything else is assumed correctly :pac:

Think I'll just do Lukaku to Dzeko, I've taken enough hits recently so it'll be nice to go into the last week on a level playing field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

F**k it, final day of the season and I want some extra interest. I didn't make the extra transfers last week and it killed me.

Hazard OUT, Cazorla IN. 4 point hit. Good luck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Oh no. You're destined to finish the day 3 points clear of the top 10,000.

I went with the sh*tty safe option. When in doubt go with the safe option has been my motto this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmnAw_71iYKal4E6fOspCWN6D_PGAcD7akuMOj8LzETQnmnOVy

The decision being to bring in Dzeko for Lukaku and having no Coutinho or Sturridge cover.....I guess I'll be on my own in the corner with my QPR flag and anti Tevez and Aguero chants :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

thanks for the thoughts this morning, I had to pull my trigger much earlier though as I was away and dropped mickey T for Azpilicueta.

Didnt matter in the end because Enrique played and got me 6 points :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

thanks for the thoughts this morning, I had to pull my trigger much earlier though as I was away and dropped mickey T for Azpilicueta.

Didnt matter in the end because Enrique played and got me 6 points :)

make that 9,

and apologies to Rory for the god awful advice about cazorla. game did not go how i expected, i was expecting more of a 3-2 than a 1-nil. didn't see sagna keeping a cs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

9 was nice :)

64 overall for the week

That'll do :cool:

Advertisement