Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not affected by Granddad's death

• 11-05-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys, so my granddad (really my step-granddad) died today and the thing is it doesn't affect me at all. I didn't have much of a relationship with him and didn't see him much. My sisters both had the same relationship with him but were quite upset when we were told. My mam asked me a couple of times if I was OK and I feel pretty awkward about the whole thing. Is it odd that I'm not bothered by it? Are people expected to grieve a death in the family even if they weren't close to the person?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Hello...

If you didnt get along with him,didnt have a good relationship its not surprising that you dont feel anything. After all he is your STEP GRAND-DAD,not really any official relation to you,so its understandable...

Dont get too hung up over it,its ok smile.gif

Im sorry he passed though....... Im sorry you didnt get along with him...

Advertisement