Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molsen Canadian beer

Options
  • 11-05-2013 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any super market or off licence that sells this in Waterford

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Does anyone know of any super market or off licence that sells this in Waterford

Not 100% sure but thought I saw it for sale in SuperValu.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Um, all of them from what I've seen.
    Big push on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

everywhere think i saw it on tap some place.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nungesser

i bought a case (24 bottles) of this stuff once it was so bad i gave it away

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Its muck, I'd recommend staying well away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

It's on tap in The Kazbar. I saw Molsen Moosehead in Tesco yesterday. That would be a much better buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

They had it in CarryOut Kilcohan (And all the other CarryOut's I'd imagine) yesterday. Free glass promotion, not sure how many you need to buy to get the free glass though. Drank it in Canada and it's not great to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

KevIRL wrote: »
    Its muck, I'd recommend staying well away

+1

don't waste your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

kierank01 wrote: »
    +1

don't waste your money.
    Its called Moose's p*ss in Canada. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Ah now its not bad you be the judge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Typical Irish mentality, follow the flashy marketing campaign rather than the actual flavour. I cant recommend the dungarven beers enough, its not only fantastic that we have a set of craft beers that we can call our own but also that they are imo some of the best craft beers i've ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

O Riain wrote: »
    Typical Irish mentality, follow the flashy marketing campaign rather than the actual flavour. I cant recommend the dungarven beers enough, its not only fantastic that we have a set of craft beers that we can call our own but also that they are imo some of the best craft beers i've ever tasted.

actually i cant Recommend Metalman Beer enough! its made in Tycor in the City Centre - created 4 jobs in the last 2 years when the big boys are pulling jobs outta town. most pubs have Metalman Pale Ale, Now there's Metalman Lager (for the bud, carls & heino lovers) and seasonal of windjammer or Equinox - my current fav with Orange, Lime and coriander - delicious! SUPPORT OUR OWN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

jennygirl wrote: »
    actually i cant Recommend Metalman Beer enough! its made in Tycor in the City Centre - created 4 jobs in the last 2 years when the big boys are pulling jobs outta town. most pubs have Metalman Pale Ale, Now there's Metalman Lager (for the bud, carls & heino lovers) and seasonal of windjammer or Equinox - my current fav with Orange, Lime and coriander - delicious! SUPPORT OUR OWN

Cant get the metalman on tap anywhere here so havent had as much experience with it as I would have liked! There'll be a lot of catching up to do during the summer. One thing is for sure though that we are very well represnted in Waterford with beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

O Riain wrote: »
    Cant get the metalman on tap anywhere here so havent had as much experience with it as I would have liked! There'll be a lot of catching up to do during the summer. One thing is for sure though that we are very well represnted in Waterford with beers!

Think I've had metalman in Philly Grimes and the front lounge on tap.

That Equinox stuff is gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

+1 on this, just a pity that you cant get Metalman in an offie, my favourite beer by far but just cant afford too many nights out these days

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Dungarvan Pale Ale is good as is Metalman but the best Irish beer on the market is O'Hara's Pale Ale from Carlow imo. Proper tasty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not a biggest fan of windjammer. Love the pale ale & ill have to keep an eye out for the equinox

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

That Metalman stuff is savage. If there was any creativity in the "powers that be", they'd be trying to get Metalman and Dungarvan into the Cherry's site. If they were able to ramp up production and in Metalman's case, start bottling, it would great for homegrown industry and might lead to great things.

Irrespective, both Dungarvan and Metalman make great beers. The Metalman Pale Ale is my favourite tipple, but the Dungarvan coffee and oat stout was one of the nicest beers I've ever tasted. Don't think it's available anymore though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

The Equinox is very nice. Wouldn't be mad about the others

Advertisement