Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 mini

Options
  • 11-05-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Best place to buy sim free? Or voucher codes for three mobile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

If you want a brand new one buying one from Vodafone and then unlocking it would work out the cheapest.

It costs 249.99 and you could subtract 20 euro off that by getting a free tesco sim and moving the tesco number over to Vodafone. "Switch your number to Vodafone and get €20 off this phone!"
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-blue

To unlock it then you could get an unlock code on eBay, they are about 9 to 10 euro at the moment. Also Vodafone customers who have topped up by at least 130 in the last 6 months can get up to 3 unlock codes for free, so if you have a friends with Vodafone, ask them for a free code.

So to summarise, the brand new unlocked phone will cost you 240 euro if you get the code of ebay or 230 if you get the unlock code of a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

even better price here: http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/13003345/art/samsung/galaxy-s-iii-mini-blue.html

think I would trust pixmania more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

If you want a brand new one buying one from Vodafone and then unlocking it would work out the cheapest.

It costs 249.99 and you could subtract 20 euro off that by getting a free tesco sim and moving the tesco number over to Vodafone. "Switch your number to Vodafone and get €20 off this phone!"
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-blue

To unlock it then you could get an unlock code on eBay, they are about 9 to 10 euro at the moment. Also Vodafone customers who have topped up by at least 130 in the last 6 months can get up to 3 unlock codes for free, so if you have a friends with Vodafone, ask them for a free code.

So to summarise, the brand new unlocked phone will cost you 240 euro if you get the code of ebay or 230 if you get the unlock code of a friend.

hi Apache Dropout....

Just curious... If i bought a new phone on prepay from Meteor, O2, Vodafone or whomever, am i able to unlock it straight away?

Or do i need to stay with the mobile phone operator for a minimum of 12 months?

OK, I have it ordered from pixmania, €232 incl postage with a voucher,
    then didnt I go and see it at mytrendyphone.co.uk for €212 +10 post! when I was buying a case...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

jamesbil wrote: »
    OK, I have it ordered from pixmania, €232 incl postage with a voucher,
    then didnt I go and see it at mytrendyphone.co.uk for €212 +10 post! when I was buying a case...

Did you use a voucher code for pixmania?
    You can get it here http://www.oxcodes.ie/merchants/detail/pixmania-ie-discount-voucher-codes

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

hi Apache Dropout....

Just curious... If i bought a new phone on prepay from Meteor, O2, Vodafone or whomever, am i able to unlock it straight away?

Or do i need to stay with the mobile phone operator for a minimum of 12 months?

If you get an unlock code for your phone you should be able to unlock it straight away. Before you buy the phone make sure there is unlock codes for your phone and network available on eBay or some other site.

yeah, just googled and found one..

Advertisement