Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi Internet Radio Choice?

• 11-05-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I'm toying with getting a wifi-enabled Internet radio for the bedside. Budget will be between 100-150 euro. The two models that I'm closing in on are:

1. KitSound Surfer 1.2
    2. Roberts Stream 83i

Has anyone any experience with either of these (both of which are available via Amazon)?

I'm also open to considering other models. Beyond the obvious, my main criteria are:

1. FM capability.
    2. Alarm Clock function.
    3. 10+ presets (to avoid repeated "twiddling").
    4. Good punchy sound quality.

Any advice appreciated.

Jb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

A much needed feature and not available on all radios is to see the artist/song title displayed on the screen for internet radio streams.
    This is called displaying meta data.
    One of the things about internet radio is listening to new music and I find this great on my Logic radio but it's not on my Revo.

Check out http://revo.co.uk/
    I believe the above feature is now available on the K2 and Heritage Models.
    You just missed a 1 week 50% discount sale on these models but they have a refurbished sale every now and again.
    The Heritage has 10 presets on the remote I think.

Avoid the Squeezebox models as they are out of business and don't stream from your NAS unless your pc is on - bit silly

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

A much needed feature and not available on all radios is to see the artist/song title displayed on the screen for internet radio streams.
    This is called displaying meta data.
    One of the things about internet radio is listening to new music and I find this great on my Logic radio but it's not on my Revo.

Check out http://revo.co.uk/
    I believe the above feature is now available on the K2 and Heritage Models.
    You just missed a 1 week 50% discount sale on these models but they have a refurbished sale every now and again.
    The Heritage has 10 presets on the remote I think.

Avoid the Squeezebox models as they are out of business and don't stream from your NAS unless your pc is on - bit silly

Glad I posted the query since I hadn't come across that model before. Did a bit more research and decided to plump for it despite missing the special offer.

Thanks for you your assistance - much appreciated.

Advertisement