Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to export from final cut in HD for DVD (festival quality)?

Options
  • 11-05-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a fairly large project with a lot of filters and effects etc to finish up on in final cut pro and I'm just wondering what is the best way (settings) to export it so that I can burn it on to DVD, I want to get the best quality I can so that I can submit the film to festivals etc but I'm using university macs so I only have access to what's on there (ie I can't download anything) basically I'll be exporting from final cut and then probably using iDVD.

I'm dreading the thoughts of this because in the past I've spent hours waiting for everything to export only to find out it doesn't look or play right and then be told to alter settings etc.

Is there a standard setting I should be using to do this - it's a HD project from ProRes conversion from Canon 550d files

Note the file is pretty large as when I exported an earlier version it was 15gb which is large for a 10 min film I think

ThanksDr F ;-)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Have you checked the submission specs? DVD is SD so if you burn to that you are downgrading quality. You could make a h264 and burn it to a data DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you need to put it on DVD make an SD .h264 quicktime file and burn it from that.

I'd also recommend that you put a version up on Vimeo and password protect it. A lot of festivals will accept online screeners these days.

Advertisement