Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports Massage

• 11-05-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

I am based in Galway and thinking about doing a course to become qualified as a Sports Massage therapist. I know that there is a course with NTC.ie that is over 15 months in Galway. Anyone got any feedback on this course? There is also a course I have seen with nsrt.ie but that is over two years to become qualified to treat injuries. Any help on a good course based in Galway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Gal2011 wrote: »
    I am based in Galway and thinking about doing a course to become qualified as a Sports Massage therapist. I know that there is a course with NTC.ie that is over 15 months in Galway. Anyone got any feedback on this course? There is also a course I have seen with nsrt.ie but that is over two years to become qualified to treat injuries. Any help on a good course based in Galway?

The NSRT is 13 months (Currently doing this myself). Very good in terms of palpation (hands on) skills and getting a feel for the body and teaches you a wide variety of techniques which have real world applications and ones which I have felt have been very useful in terms of treating injuries. In terms of the theory aspect its very much the work you put in around the course that makes or breaks this aspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

Yes I know the Nsrt is 13 months but you have to do two levels on that course to finish it and treat sports injuries as the first 13 months leaves you only being able to do sports massage but not treat injuries so that would be over 2 years to do the two levels whereas the NTC.ie course is just the 15 months to be certified to treat sports injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

Gal2011 wrote: »
    Yes I know the Nsrt is 13 months but you have to do two levels on that course to finish it and treat sports injuries as the first 13 months leaves you only being able to do sports massage but not treat injuries so that would be over 2 years to do the two levels whereas the NTC.ie course is just the 15 months to be certified to treat sports injuries.

I am sorry, I was talking about the IMST.ie course. Yes I like the look of that nsrt.ie course but I wonder is there a course in Galway only as it is half and half between Galway and Dublin and I play lot of sports so I would need to possibly leave early one or 2 weekends for a very important match so would hope it was in Galway only. The nsrt is starting next week but I wonder have they another in September as it seems to say they have on their website but couldn't contact them. So you would recommend the nsrt.ie course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Hi guys,
    I'm organising race this Sunday in Athlone and we're looking for Sports Massage therapists for post-race massages. Would you know anyone potentially interested in the gig? It is typically 3 hours work from 1pm.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cgmd1

I completed the NSRT course a few years ago, It's very good and it was only 13 months when I did it. Not sure if it has changed though.

The tutors on that course are a great bunch, couldn't recommend them enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement