Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i phone 4 - wifi access

• 11-05-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hope someone can help and hope this question isn't too silly!

I can't seem to access the internet on my iphone 4 at home. We don't have any wifi at home - just have fixed line broadband. Whats my best option to be able to access the internet on my iphone while at home???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Get a wifi router for the house, ask around to your friends and see if anyone has an old one lying around going unused, then just plug it in to the network, set up a password for it and connect to it from the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭soupdrinker

Should i not be able to access the internet through 3g anyway when I have no access to wifi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If you can't access the internet you must not have enough signal, when you say fixed line broadband, what exactly do you mean and who is your provider?

Imagine is my current provider and I have broadband but my laptop needs to be connected to the radio - i.e. i've no wifi router

you can use the laptop to share the connection over wifi, google ics or internet connection sharing but you need to have the laptop on to share the connection

• Advertisement

how do i share the connection from the laptop......the laptop is on most of the time i'm at home!

What version of windows is on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

To be honest, if you are asking such basic questions then forget about internet sharing and ics. Simple solution is to get a wireless router.

Advertisement